Author Topic: History of the East Continent  (Read 18838 times)

Dobromir

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: History of the East Continent
« Topic Start: August 16, 2011, 07:55:13 AM »
A few items I noticed, all on this page:
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/East_Island_News/East_Island_Chronicle/Chapter5/Part_4

1. I love that this got mention:
March 1, 2006 – Begin of the OCPAU (Oligarch observer, Caligan Courier, Perdan Pride, Avamar times and Ubent) vs the Itorunt informer newspaper war. On the side not the Itorunt Informer never gave up but never had close to the views of the others.

2. This issue is much more complex:
March 6, 2006 – Old Rancangua spies begin a rebellion in Oligarch but it gets thwarted. The culprits flee and join Old Rancangua.
March 18 and 19 2006 – Successful rebellion in Old Rancangua then a successful counter rebellion in Old Rancangua.

What actually happened was that Oligarch's spy agency orchestrated a fake rebellion within Oligarch. The rebels were defeated, banned, and they fled to Old Rancagua. There, they plotted, gained 2 native supporters, and then started a rebellion when OR's army was away from the capital. Simultaneously, the other Avamarians in Oligarch marched up the Kazakh peninsula. The rebellion succeeded, and the rebels banned most loyalists. Then, there was a counter-rebellion. It barely succeeded thanks to some good luck on militia. They then banned the rebels; however, due to all the confusion, some rebels didn't get banned actually, and some loyalists did, despite the ultimate loyalist victory. Meanwhile, some people accidentally joined the wrong sides. Fights broke out in several regions in OR, the king was deposed, and Oligarchian raiders had a heyday in OR's regions. This loss of nobles, internal dissent, and military catastrophe economically paralyzed OR for some time. They did not send an army into Oligarch's lands again until the Siege of Oligarch.

The objective of these rebellions (codenamed "Operation Rubber Ducky") was to form a new Avamarian homeland, thereby relieving the overcrowding of Oligarch, and flanking Sirion (a goal later accomplished by Sultanate of Asena, to no avail, unfortunately).

My bias: I planned the whole rebel operation, orchestrated the fake rebellion, developed the covers, hand-picked the operatives, and coordinated the military on the northern front while we were operational. Operation Rubber Ducky was my baby. And it almost worked. Almost.

I will use stuff like this after i finish writing the rest of it.  First i want to have something down for all across history then I will edit things players make suggestions on and ask for changes on.

So far im glad that some people are taking an interest in reading it.