Author Topic: Religions  (Read 42850 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Religions
« Reply #45: March 10, 2011, 02:51:18 AM »
Torenism was actually a very well defined religion. The main player driving it was very motivated and creative. It was very detailed and well written. If my character had not already been iin SA iit would have been fun to join.

However, I think it also falls under the banner of well-defined but ultimately a flop. After we pretty much wiped it out, I talked to one of its members OOC. It turns out that most of the Torenist followers had no clue what the wiki said about their faith. They had no clue that their faith basically commanded them to convert or kill everyone. Or that the only way they could get to Toren heaven was to personally be responsible for converting or killing many thousands of nonbelievers.

So, it was well defined, but no one who was in it cared enough too know anything about it?

Doesn't some of this in large part fall on the Priests of the religion? Sure, a Priest's job is to convert all the little peasant NPC's, but I think they also have a large obligation to convert Nobles and then preach and inform them of their faith as well. Unless of course, even the priests didn't know all of this, either. lol
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)