Author Topic: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)  (Read 58352 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)
« Reply #45: August 26, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
Well thanks to the Lurians' attempt at strong arming, D'Hara is suddenly getting more friendly with SA again. I'm sure we could be persuaded to help them out... For preaching rights.  ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: September 09, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
Big news for the Véinsørmoot and for all of the Maroccidens:

Hireshmont is no longer Senator of Chesney. After getting everything done he needed to get done, he has finally stepped down. And pledged not to interfere in the election for his successor either.

Now time to make a few diplomatic circuits around the continent... and then we'll see if there's anything left in the character to be played with and, if not, I've already set up the backstory for my next Dwilight character.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: September 09, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
Wow! Didn't even hear that one yet! Bye bye Veinsermoot ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: September 09, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Big news for the Véinsørmoot and for all of the Maroccidens:

Hireshmont is no longer Senator of Chesney. After getting everything done he needed to get done, he has finally stepped down. And pledged not to interfere in the election for his successor either.

Now time to make a few diplomatic circuits around the continent... and then we'll see if there's anything left in the character to be played with and, if not, I've already set up the backstory for my next Dwilight character.

The guild is your child. If you leave it, it will die imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: September 09, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »
He's leaving the dukeship, not the veinsormoot
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: September 09, 2011, 10:53:03 PM »
Indeed; not leaving the Véinsørmoot. I still hold the title of Mootgram. I'll stick around as long as I need to in order to keep the Véinsørmoot rolling.

And... I suspect the Véinsørmoot can survive without me.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: September 09, 2011, 10:55:37 PM »
The guild is your child. If you leave it, it will die imo.
Is that a promise?

* Indirik plots the death of Hireshmont.

* Indirik has an incredibly strong sense of deja vu. It seems to me that I've done that once before...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: September 09, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »
Indeed; not leaving the Véinsørmoot. I still hold the title of Mootgram. I'll stick around as long as I need to in order to keep the Véinsørmoot rolling.

And... I suspect the Véinsørmoot can survive without me.

Are you talking about the alliance or the guild? Many care for the alliance, but it has been apparent that not many care for managing the guild.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: September 10, 2011, 02:14:45 AM »
Are you talking about the alliance or the guild? Many care for the alliance, but it has been apparent that not many care for managing the guild.

By that logic it's apparent that D'hara does not care for managing her cities.

Just because a guild house or two has gone into disrepair doesn't mean that people don't care about the guild. Also, as far as I know, the alliance and guild go hand in hand.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: September 10, 2011, 02:52:31 AM »

We have more guildhouses than we've ever had, a more orderly structure, and more members.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: September 10, 2011, 02:56:57 AM »
By that logic it's apparent that D'hara does not care for managing her cities.

Just because a guild house or two has gone into disrepair doesn't mean that people don't care about the guild. Also, as far as I know, the alliance and guild go hand in hand.

There is no personal returns in managing a guild, but personal expenses. And the losses due to inattention (like the many cases that have been seen) can become quite frustrating. The guild leader has no special powers, just extra responsibilities that consume time and gold. There's a reason why only few people ever answer when calls for more guildhouses are made, and they usually do so reluctantly.

Guilds and religions are huge time and money pits, and few really want to manage them.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: September 10, 2011, 03:43:33 AM »
There is no personal returns in managing a guild, but personal expenses. And the losses due to inattention (like the many cases that have been seen) can become quite frustrating. The guild leader has no special powers, just extra responsibilities that consume time and gold. There's a reason why only few people ever answer when calls for more guildhouses are made, and they usually do so reluctantly.

Guilds and religions are huge time and money pits, and few really want to manage them.

Most multi-realm alliances have either a religion or a guild that they coordinate at least their military movements and campaigns through. The Véinsørmoot is this at the very least. It will stay around, for sure.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: September 10, 2011, 03:47:22 AM »

Most multi-realm alliances have either a religion or a guild that they coordinate at least their military movements and campaigns through. The Véinsørmoot is this at the very least. It will stay around, for sure.

In most cases, the guilds are led by a ruler, or otherwise a duke, no?

I'm not saying it's theoretically impossible. I'm just saying I haven't seen anyone express much interest in doing administrative work for the 'moot, which would be required if Vellos "moved on to other things".

And considering the amount of old religions I've seen crumble due to lack of priests/elders recently, I don't think people are getting any more interested in these things than before. Quite the contrary.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: September 10, 2011, 03:54:01 AM »
In most cases, the guilds are led by a ruler, or otherwise a duke, no?

I'm not saying it's theoretically impossible. I'm just saying I haven't seen anyone express much interest in doing administrative work for the 'moot, which would be required if Vellos "moved on to other things".

Possibly. I guess the big thing will be to see if anyone steps in to help fill the leadership void once Vellos goes.

And considering the amount of old religions I've seen crumble due to lack of priests/elders recently, I don't think people are getting any more interested in these things than before. Quite the contrary.

True. It'll be interesting to see if Triunism can stay alive.

The Maroccidens in general is rather... religiously boring.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #59: September 10, 2011, 05:49:49 AM »
Ah, the wonders of SA. We are very interesting, or at least we like to think so...