Author Topic: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)  (Read 58517 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)
« Reply #60: September 10, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
Possibly. I guess the big thing will be to see if anyone steps in to help fill the leadership void once Vellos goes.

True. It'll be interesting to see if Triunism can stay alive.

The Maroccidens in general is rather... religiously boring.

Speaking of which, religions being taxed again will really hurt. While I like that as a lord I can tax any temples I don't adhere to to make their life more complicated, imo it should be counterbalanced with the religion's ability to ask for an automatic tax share of the region.

Religions were already ridiculous money pits as it was... And it's now getting worse.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: September 10, 2011, 08:41:11 AM »
Speaking of which, religions being taxed again will really hurt. While I like that as a lord I can tax any temples I don't adhere to to make their life more complicated, imo it should be counterbalanced with the religion's ability to ask for an automatic tax share of the region.

Religions were already ridiculous money pits as it was... And it's now getting worse.

You won't get to choose how much you tax each temple, will you?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: September 10, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »

Indeed. I very mush dislike this. I've been stockpiling gold in Triunist temples for a while as a means of building up a personal fortune I can use to support my preferred guilds for years if necessary, and now it will all be taxed. Outrageous!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #63: September 10, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
And most Lords who are part of a religion do not even want to tax their 'own' temples.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: September 10, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »
You won't get to choose how much you tax each temple, will you?

Temples will be taxed at halfrate. You can create always attempt to create a Tax Haven (Region that taxes at 2%) that will allow you to save a lot of that gold, especially if you have enough influence to capture the Duke Share as well.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: September 10, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »
And most Lords who are part of a religion do not even want to tax their 'own' temples.

Indeed, because it is usually their responsibility to make sure the local coffers are filled. This just means they have to travel back to their region that much more often, because that tax is deducted from the treasury no matter how far away from the temple you are or how infrequently you visit your own region.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #66: September 10, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
Temples will be taxed at halfrate. You can create always attempt to create a Tax Haven (Region that taxes at 2%) that will allow you to save a lot of that gold, especially if you have enough influence to capture the Duke Share as well.
I guess the easiest way is to make sure the gold is returned to the temple, than you do not have to lower the taxes of your region (for large amounts of course).

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: September 10, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
Indeed, because it is usually their responsibility to make sure the local coffers are filled. This just means they have to travel back to their region that much more often, because that tax is deducted from the treasury no matter how far away from the temple you are or how infrequently you visit your own region.

You can use the Global Treasury for that easily.

I guess the easiest way is to make sure the gold is returned to the temple, than you do not have to lower the taxes of your region (for large amounts of course).

True, have the Duke be also the Lord and he can return pretty much everything except the Ruler share. The 2% Tax Rate is just to further minimize the gold taken from the Treasury.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: September 10, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
You can use the Global Treasury for that easily.
You do realize that maintenance paid out of the global treasury is more expensive, right?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: September 10, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Nope :) Never knew that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: September 10, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
You do realize that maintenance paid out of the global treasury is more expensive, right?

By what factor again? 2x? I think it's 4x, right? Manageable for small religions, but large multi-realm religions like SA or VE, not so much...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: September 10, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
Studying the last two reports, CoI paid 15 gold maintenance from the Global Treasury and lost 25 in the Global Treasury. But still, especially since CoI is reasonably big and rich, the costs are nothing.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #72: September 11, 2011, 03:49:38 AM »
By what factor again? 2x? I think it's 4x, right? Manageable for small religions, but large multi-realm religions like SA or VE, not so much...
The factor is 1,5 if I am right

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: September 11, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »
The factor is 1,5 if I am right

1.5? Its been a long while, but to the best of my recollection it was more than that. I think it was twice as much, but wouldn't be surprised if it was more. Not something that should happen too often, imo. Doesn't mean it doesn't, but y'know...

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: September 11, 2011, 06:51:59 AM »
On the FEI our religion pays almost exclusively out of the Global treasury for some  (most of) our smaller temples.  Only the major ones have a large bank account, and they support the smaller ones when global treasury is restocked.