Author Topic: How to stop the TO??  (Read 3925 times)

Zakilevo

How to stop the TO??
« Topic Start: August 20, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »
How do I stop an enemy take over? I know I have to attack but do I have to scatter the TO unit or something? or do I have to win the battle?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How to stop the TO??
« Reply #1: August 20, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
How do I stop an enemy take over? I know I have to attack but do I have to scatter the TO unit or something? or do I have to win the battle?

If the enemy has too many units leave or die, then the TO will abort. However, like I stated in the other thread, I am personally not sure what happens if you defeat the enemy, but wound more people than you kill. Will the rallying or scattered troops continue the takeover? Does the takeover cease if control of the battlefield is lost? I can't remember.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 20, 2011, 03:18:12 PM »

There's nothing special about the TO unit once the TO is underway.  As long as there are still enough soldiers of the realm in the region, the TO unit can leave if it wants.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 20, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
If you win the battle, the TO's done.  I've never seen a TO continue after the TOing realm gets defeated in battle.

If you inflict enough casualties, the TO will also end, but I have no idea what ratio you need for that.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: August 21, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »
WOW

590 men vs 1010 men and the attackers won!

I am surprised how we manage to beat Sint when the odd was against us. Just awesome!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 21, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
I really really really want to see that battlereport. As far as I know, Sint uses quite some SF and that many men should've had pretty high CS. I'm impressed.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 21, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »
I really really really want to see that battlereport. As far as I know, Sint uses quite some SF and that many men should've had pretty high CS. I'm impressed.

Me too.

That's pretty epic, and a good show that Fronen is not done for yet.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: August 22, 2011, 03:39:57 AM »
Ponifex of Sint got wounded as well. Him and his 2.2k CS SF units.. We killed half of his units :D
Sint had 3 nobles dug in (1 sf, 2 inf) and we hammered their front line kukuku..

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 22, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »
Ponifex of Sint got wounded as well. Him and his 2.2k CS SF units.. We killed half of his units :D
Sint had 3 nobles dug in (1 sf, 2 inf) and we hammered their front line kukuku..

Nice job.

Don't forget to hunt to kill off these units. Those who have been wounded won't be able to rally their men, and as such the rest of their units are free game for your hunting parties.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: August 22, 2011, 05:44:07 AM »
Yes. We manage to kill a few more of his units. He is left with 30 out of 85. Good luck rebuilding that 2.2k CS rofl

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 22, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
Yes. We manage to kill a few more of his units. He is left with 30 out of 85. Good luck rebuilding that 2.2k CS rofl

Still waiting for that battle report!