Author Topic: Rebellion succesful - Where exactly do you change the official government type?  (Read 4722 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
I find where to change if lords/council members should be appointed or elected (and if so, how often), but where do I change from tyranny to monarchy?

I remember last time I had a char rebel and he changed Oligarch from a tyranny to a republic, the realm was officially in anarchy until he chose a government system. This does not seem to be the case this time.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You cannot change the government type unless you are in anarchy.

If you rebel, and the ruler steps down, anarchy does not follow.  If you want to change the government type, you must rebel and win the rebellion by taking control of the palace.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
You cannot change the government type unless you are in anarchy.

If you rebel, and the ruler steps down, anarchy does not follow.  If you want to change the government type, you must rebel and win the rebellion by taking control of the palace.

Ah and there was no ruler. That is why I can't change it.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
It's amazing (and yet increasingly less so, given all I've seen so far) to me that things as important as government, rebellion, and succession are not only buggy but also incredibly poorly-designed to begin with.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Part of the problem with rebellions and secessions is that they just don't happen often enough.  A lot of things impinge on that code, and usually the coders get word of something being wrong when, well, something goes wrong.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Part of the problem with rebellions and secessions is that they just don't happen often enough.  A lot of things impinge on that code, and usually the coders get word of something being wrong when, well, something goes wrong.

More rebellions and secessions to the people then :D

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Lurias: Benefiting BM through rebellions since Dwilight.  8)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lurias: Benefiting BM through rebellions since Dwilight.  8)

Hehe yeah, thank the heavens for the Lurias.

With the Summerdale one, we've had 3 rebellions on the island in the span of just a couple of days :D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It's amazing (and yet increasingly less so, given all I've seen so far) to me that things as important as government, rebellion, and succession are not only buggy but also incredibly poorly-designed to begin with.
Perhaps instead of just casting aspersions, you'd like to actually suggest some changes? It's quite possible there are important reasons for some of these "incredibly poorly-designed" parts.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Perhaps instead of just casting aspersions, you'd like to actually suggest some changes? It's quite possible there are important reasons for some of these "incredibly poorly-designed" parts.

He may just be referring to the fact that the rebellion code breaks 50% of the time it is used.  :-\
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
He may just be referring to the fact that the rebellion code breaks 50% of the time it is used.  :-\

Sabotage from the loyalist administration!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Sabotage from the loyalist administration!

Look at the high ratio of coders being rulers. I think you are on to something here!  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron