Author Topic: Join new realm - Terran, Asylon, Barca or D'Hara?  (Read 30502 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
I once had a noble say that Asylon was an 'Irrelevant' realm... We are now up to 22 nobles and on our way to some very good gains.   ;D

Asylon has a great future in that region!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Every time I read a thread on Dwilight, I curse it's 1 character rule.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I agree. Dwilight is so huge and diverse place that it really isn't fair to be limited to just one noble character. ;)
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
I love 1 character rules.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Every time I read a thread on Dwilight, I curse it's 1 character rule.

+ 1
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
I agree. Dwilight is so huge and diverse place that it really isn't fair to be limited to just one noble character. ;)

+1. Even within Alliances there seems to be great diversity. Perhaps the 1 char rule could be overcome, somehow, without giving up the benefits.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
+1. Even within Alliances there seems to be great diversity. Perhaps the 1 char rule could be overcome, somehow, without giving up the benefits.

It could be overcome by replicating the points for which you consider it successful on other lands. ;)

Or by linking existing lands. Beluaterra to the Far East Island, for example.

Or by making Beluaterra much, much larger once (if) the blight is lifted.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

thank god for the one character rule. those multi-cheaters from thulsoma couldn't use too too many characters.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A 1 character per realm would make much more sense.
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
People would still have characters in allied realms, like PeL and LN, Madina and Fissoa, Morek and Astrum, and so on.

I like the 'one continent, one noble' rule.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
People would still have characters in allied realms, like PeL and LN, Madina and Fissoa, Morek and Astrum, and so on.

I like the 'one continent, one noble' rule.

It would indeed create clone realms, where the governing body might be mostly in another realm (a realm ruled by "secondary characters"), damning the new characters there to a life without opportunity unless they are also active in the other. People who want to have both characters united will find a way.

I'm not saying every realm would be this way, however. And a variant of this 1 char/realm rule would probably be most appropriate if we were ever to fuse two continents together.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It would indeed create clone realms, where the governing body might be mostly in another realm (a realm ruled by "secondary characters"), damning the new characters there to a life without opportunity unless they are also active in the other. People who want to have both characters united will find a way.

I'm not saying every realm would be this way, however. And a variant of this 1 char/realm rule would probably be most appropriate if we were ever to fuse two continents together.

I really don't see how that could happen without a really well organized OOC clan.  What you are describing would mean there would have to be a large number of people who feel this way, they all need to have a good field of influence politically and they all need to be desparate enough to do this instead of going and experiencing a new realm.
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I really don't see how that could happen without a really well organized OOC clan.  What you are describing would mean there would have to be a large number of people who feel this way, they all need to have a good field of influence politically and they all need to be desparate enough to do this instead of going and experiencing a new realm.

I agree. Plus the 1 noble with a council position per family rule limits the chance of that happening as well.

My only concern is that lifting Dwilight's limitations might have a negative effect on the noble population of other islands.

Not to mention that it just sucks that because there is a *chance* that a few bad apples would exploit it, the entire player base doesn't get to experience a completely different Dwilight from where their character is now. Dwilight is the most illogical place to have a 1 character rule.

An alternative may be to have a 1 character per half continent rule, seeing as it are actually separate continents anyway. I don't know anything about coding though.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
More nobles would mean a change of dwi's atmosphere and make it like the other continents....

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
agreed. prefer one noble per continent to keep dwili as is.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries