Author Topic: Join new realm - Terran, Asylon, Barca or D'Hara?  (Read 30582 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It's not that I want a second character on Dwilight. It's that I want a second Dwilight to have characters on.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think Dwilight is more the way it is due to geography than due to lack of nobles. Even if we had more nobles, there'd still be a lot of distance between cities and realms. Yes, there'd be less food problems and less monsters, but it'd still be as useless to declare war on someone on the complete other side of the continent as it was before.

And I thought the starvation and monster problems would get partially solved with the new estate system anyway. For the same reason as having more nobles would help with those.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
More pacified lands would make travel times much lower due to the better roads. Also, the pressure for land would drive up conflicts. You'd probably also see more secessions, and more realms, too.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Eh. There are five other continents to have two characters on. I like having one island a bit different from the others. Although at the same time, I think the "one character on Dwilight" rule was designed for a time when we had considerably more players.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Luria Nova is pretty cool I think, as long as we're ignoring the topic. There's some cool things planned and there's currently an effort going on to make the realm generally more interesting for all players.

I'm kind of constantly whining about the lack of war and battles, but truth be told I like it there. I guess you can't really expect war when you join a realm on Dwilight anyway. :)

(not that that realization will stop me pushing for it)

If you want war join an SA realm. We have a knack for attracting hostilities. The only problem seems to be that we defeat our enemies far too quickly. Seriously, we should send like 5,000g to Caerwyn and leave them alone for a month...

As for the one character rule, it is *crucial* to the atmosphere of Dwilight. It reinforces the sense of distance and diversity because you can't just create a character on the other side of the looking glass so to speak to get an idea of what is going on elsewhere. It makes each realm truly unique, unlike many other islands where multiple players will have characters in each of two allied realms, blurring the lines between them. I think it is one of the best things about Dwilight, frankly. Don't touch it!

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
If you want war join an SA realm. We have a knack for attracting hostilities. The only problem seems to be that we defeat our enemies far too quickly. Seriously, we should send like 5,000g to Caerwyn and leave them alone for a month...

In all my years of Battlemaster, I have fought the lamest war while being part of Corsanctum (I still am there), in name of SA. While I don't mind a gangbang at all, I do mind 3 days of travelling one way only to arrive in a completely starved city and have no resistance. Sure, we had one or two big battles that were... well, not challenging, but fun to be part of. Now that Caerwyn is gone I truly hope SA will just turn on itself and complete madness will ensue, so we can finally fight a war on a battlefield that is either in our realm or not more than a day away from our border...

But I guess the problem of Dwilight is that it's too spread out to find a nearby war that can entertain you. So back to hunting monsters it is!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:25:32 PM by Fleugs »
Ardet nec consumitur.

Jens Namtrah

All you need is a convincing False Prophet, and split the Church right down the middle in each and every realm.

Can't think of anything that would be more entertaining than that, if enough players really got into it. Pity Church schisms never got worked out.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
All you need is a convincing False Prophet, and split the Church right down the middle in each and every realm.

Can't think of anything that would be more entertaining than that, if enough players really got into it. Pity Church schisms never got worked out.

Or there could be a serge of Daimon worship :D, Cordatus Bestiarium is looking to expand after all.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Or there could be a serge of Daimon worship :D, Cordatus Bestiarium is looking to expand after all.

I *would* love to see SA pick a fight with the daimons. It would be quite interesting to witness.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I'd pay for a Dwilight-wide attack on the Daimons.

Of course, we would have to recolonize everything afterwards...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yeah, and with more than just money, too! :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Of course, we would have to recolonize everything afterwards...

SA's a pretty big bloc, I'd be content to see just them having a go at it.

Come on, SA, go and poke around the Beasties!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Come on, SA, go and poke around the Beasties!
I think that's on the agenda immediately following "Exterminate all the false faiths, and bring all of Dwilight under the dominion of the Bloodstars."

So, if you want to help that day arrive, then get cracking on helping us dominate the island.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think that's on the agenda immediately following "Exterminate all the false faiths, and bring all of Dwilight under the dominion of the Bloodstars."

So, if you want to help that day arrive, then get cracking on helping us dominate the island.

That's what I meant, make the beasties the top faith to exterminate. Bestialis Cordatum or something? Just call 'em beasties, it's easier to remember.  8)

Asylon ain't that far away from you guys either...  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Meh... wackjob faiths followed by two nobles in their estate basements don't count.