Author Topic: Military advisor - travel advice - slight change  (Read 3308 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
seeing as it only tells you about travel time between adjacent regions, I would suggest making 1st column open to all regions and then the 2nd column show only regions adjacent to the one selected in 1st.

of course, the way it's done now, you can sort of zig zag on the 2 columns to map a route.. pick A, find B, get distance, leave B in 2nd column and change 1st column to C, etc, etc.. which is also useful, which above kills off.

or perhaps leave both open, but have a tick box under both columns as "anchor", if you tick it, the other column only show adjacent regions? does that work?
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
That has been contemplated, but is currently considered low priority, due to the extra overhead it involves.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
seeing as it only tells you about travel time between adjacent regions, I would suggest making 1st column open to all regions and then the 2nd column show only regions adjacent to the one selected in 1st.
The way it works now, when you pick that first region, the map changes to show you that region. From there, it should be easy enough to find an adjacent region.

Though I do agree, having the list narrow down to show only the adjacent regions would be nice.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Though I do agree, having the list narrow down to show only the adjacent regions would be nice.

Or making it possible to automatically find the shortest path between two disjoint regions. :P

(yes, I know that's quite code-intensive)
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
would be nice to plan travel through Rogue regions, esp for us on Dwilight :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Military advisor - travel advice - slight change
« Reply #5: September 06, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
is it me.. or is the text really hard to read on the small map?

also.. are some regions not listed in that thing for dwilight? i was looking up travel time from qubel lighthouse to the east side.. and i can't find anything that starts with sallow*
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 06, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
Rogue regions are not listed on Dwilight. It's part of the island flavor that rogue regions are not listed anywhere for Dwilight.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 06, 2011, 11:08:08 PM »
eh... so how come the rogue regions down in madina islands are listed? (panafau/laraibina)
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 06, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
All rogue regions bordering a settled region are listed, so you can calculate times from a border region to adjacent rogue regions.