Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Too many advies?

Started by Jens Namtrah, August 30, 2011, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens Namtrah

I've been noticing on Dwilight, in my own little corner of it, and through direct hunting and messages from my advy guild, that monster spawn seems to be getting cleared out. A lot more unsuccessful hunts, or hunts that end early or smaller hordes, than we used to have.

This pertains to populated or nearby regions; even so, I think some wild areas are being cleared out.

Wondering if:

1) others feel the same, especially on other islands

2) if so, do you think it is because there are simply too many advies, now that everyone can start with one

3) if so, do we need an adjustment?

Players of Dukes/Rulers depending on food for their wealth need not answer, thank you  ::)

Ramiel

Quote from: Jens Namtrah on August 30, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
I've been noticing on Dwilight, in my own little corner of it, and through direct hunting and messages from my advy guild, that monster spawn seems to be getting cleared out. A lot more unsuccessful hunts, or hunts that end early or smaller hordes, than we used to have.

This pertains to populated or nearby regions; even so, I think some wild areas are being cleared out.

Wondering if:

2) if so, do you think it is because there are simply too many advies, now that everyone can start with one

Players of Dukes/Rulers depending on food for their wealth need not answer, thank you  ::)

1. Sort of, but I like it.
2. No. Need more Advies so I can brainwash them.
3. No. See 2.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Indirik

Quote from: Jens Namtrah on August 30, 2011, 02:47:18 PMI've been noticing on Dwilight, in my own little corner of it, and through direct hunting and messages from my advy guild, that monster spawn seems to be getting cleared out. A lot more unsuccessful hunts, or hunts that end early or smaller hordes, than we used to have.
I think it greatly depends on your area. When my advy was running around in LE, I found very few other advies. Many regions were overflowing with monsters, and I never had any difficulty finding a good hunt. In fact, many regions would kick my ass, even at 50/50 skill, with matching gear, and using the low risk options. (Oh, and many lords don't bother stocking their bounty pots, either... ) After traveling down to the PeL/LN area, I am noticing many more advies around, and a lot of people posting hunting links. The hunting also sucks, with most region being hunted out.

So, if you're wanting to hunt, and the area you area in is hunted out, then go somewhere else.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kain

Quote from: Indirik on August 30, 2011, 04:00:55 PM
So, if you're wanting to hunt, and the area you area in is hunted out, then go somewhere else.

You might just want your advy to be a freeman first so he/she doesn't get executed on a whim ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

JPierreD

Quote from: Jens Namtrah on August 30, 2011, 02:47:18 PM

1) Yes, in the Lurian realms, Dwilight. Incredibly reduced amount of spawned and unspawned monsters.

2) In the area there does seem to be many advies, and on top of that they are organized. It explains the lack of monsters.

3) Not really, if it's simply caused for there are enough advies, then it frees some realms to wage PvP wars for now, and they'll be back to previous condition once the situation changes. An adjustment would only be needed if it was a bug preventing monster growth/spawn.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Shizzle

Coordinating Advy efforts has tremendously decreased monster spawnings. I don't think Fissoa has seen undead or monsters within it's borders for the last 4 months(?). A little too efficient :P

Lorgan

Advies piss me off. They're stealing all our monsters...

Fleugs

Ardet nec consumitur.

Ramiel

Bedwyr

Come to PeL if you're bored elsewhere!  We're organizing a major crusade to clear out regions, send in the advies and have them keep the hordes down, and expand.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Jens Namtrah

Quote from: Bedwyr on August 31, 2011, 02:19:34 AM
Come to PeL if you're bored elsewhere!  We're organizing a major crusade to clear out regions, send in the advies and have them keep the hordes down, and expand.

sure - have someone pass the word on to Anders

That's an in-game thing you are organizing, that sounds fun I guess, but isn't really the question here.

Bedwyr

Quote from: Jens Namtrah on August 31, 2011, 04:47:54 AM
sure - have someone pass the word on to Anders

That's an in-game thing you are organizing, that sounds fun I guess, but isn't really the question here.

We've got our own advy guild that's supposedly passing the word.  Not sure how, but meh.

And I think it provides one answer: Rather than frantically holding against the hordes like we were not long ago, PeL's pushing out into the rogue lands and seriously talking about cleansing everything south of the Desert and Mountains.  I don't think this is necessarily a problem for Dwilight, given all the rogue lands, but that may well be a problem on other islands if it's the same.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Jhaelen Irsei

In Morek monsters invasions has been reduced a lot in recent weeks.. and this is a problem! Soldiers get bored and human players too. I always liked the fact that Dwilight was a difficult continent due to huge packs of rogues but if they're taken at bay by advies that's a loss of this flavor.

Ramiel

Quote from: Bedwyr on August 31, 2011, 05:05:52 AM
We've got our own advy guild that's supposedly passing the word.  Not sure how, but meh.

And I think it provides one answer: Rather than frantically holding against the hordes like we were not long ago, PeL's pushing out into the rogue lands and seriously talking about cleansing everything south of the Desert and Mountains.  I don't think this is necessarily a problem for Dwilight, given all the rogue lands, but that may well be a problem on other islands if it's the same.

Inclusive my dear Bedwyr, inclusive. I intend to scour the Divides and the Desert too ;)

At the moment, I generally write a letter to all advies, and I ask that our Advies also pass the word amongst themselves.

Indirik

Quote from: Bedwyr on August 31, 2011, 05:05:52 AMWe've got our own advy guild that's supposedly passing the word.  Not sure how, but meh.
Not very well, so far as I can tell. In the nearly three weeks I've been wandering through PeL lands, I've never heard a single word about it. I've seen the guildhouses in the regions, but no one has contacted me, and I don't have the 5 gold I need to join. In fact, I haven't seen any messages from advies at all, beyond the usual copy/paste hunting reports. True, there are more of those than in Morek/LE. But there's does not appear to be anything going on that would indicate anything other than "business as usual" for advies.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.