Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Beta Testing "Launch"

Started by Tom, August 31, 2011, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm officially announcing the start of beta testing.

That means two things:

a) Please test and play with all aspects of the game
b) There will be a reset on launch, so feel free to trade spells, spend XP, etc.

Jinsyn

Is it intended that I'm unable to cast Power Level 3+ spells if I have both the Base and Intent at Skill Level 1, and enough Energy on hand? Meaning that there are minimum requirements for Base/Intent Levels based on Power Level, on top of Energy/Concentration requirements?

loren

It is possible to submit a spell, look at the details and get the spell formula w/o having a GM grant it.

Its even possible to get a spell that hasn't been approved yet.

Zane

Quote from: JqL on August 31, 2011, 08:41:04 PM
Is it intended that I'm unable to cast Power Level 3+ spells if I have both the Base and Intent at Skill Level 1, and enough Energy on hand? Meaning that there are minimum requirements for Base/Intent Levels based on Power Level, on top of Energy/Concentration requirements?

I noticed that, too.  I show a power level 4 spell where I have a 1 in both the intent and base skills and enough energy and concentration.  Shouldn't I be able to cast it?

Indirik

Change password still doesn't work.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

cjnodell

It is in the game guide. Your skill in intent determine what spells you can cast. A power level 4 harm/fire spell requires harm at level 4 to cast. Base determines how much the casting cost you. Essentially, you divide the power level by the base to figure the cost. So a power level 4 harm/fire spell costs 4 to cast if your fire skill is at 1, 2 to cast if your fire skill is at 2 and so on. That is how I recall it at least...

Jinsyn

Quote from: Pelgart on August 31, 2011, 09:19:41 PM
It is in the game guide.

Oops, you're right; I overlooked this part under Skills section:

'There is a hard limit determined by the skill level in that no magician can create an effect with a power level beyond the sum of his levels in the skills required.'

I guess that means (Base Level + Intent Level = Maximum Power Level) for spells of that particular Base and Intent

Zane

Quote from: Pelgart on August 31, 2011, 09:19:41 PM
A power level 4 harm/fire spell requires harm at level 4 to cast.

Ouch.  I missed that.  I guess I better start figuring out some 1,1,1 spells or my character won't be able to cast anything initially. 

cjnodell

So... Where do we post story contributions for this beta run?

cjnodell

I spent my experience kind of dumb like so I wanted to see if I could give the skill back and get the exp in exchange. So, just for fun, I told the game to spend -20 exp on my fire skill and I now have -20 out of 20 exp required for the next level in fire!

Jinsyn

Quote from: Pelgart on August 31, 2011, 09:40:25 PM
I spent my experience kind of dumb like so I wanted to see if I could give the skill back and get the exp in exchange. So, just for fun, I told the game to spend -20 exp on my fire skill and I now have -20 out of 20 exp required for the next level in fire!

:o [47|af1d5c0f525b5f9afdac865002c2806f43b381c8]

Zane

Quote from: JqL on August 31, 2011, 09:42:52 PM
:o [47|af1d5c0f525b5f9afdac865002c2806f43b381c8]

ROFL.  Love it.

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Tom on August 31, 2011, 08:09:00 PM
I'm officially announcing the start of beta testing.

That means two things:

a) Please test and play with all aspects of the game
b) There will be a reset on launch, so feel free to trade spells, spend XP, etc.

You mentioned a system whereby we could "officially" enter spells into the database so that it processes additional experience gain for the casting of spells. Is this system active right now or not? I can't seem to find any way to access something of this sort.

Also, I can also report the change password problem still persisting.

Edit: It is amazing how this sort of thing appears instantly after I write it down...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on August 31, 2011, 10:17:23 PM
You mentioned a system whereby we could "officially" enter spells into the database so that it processes additional experience gain for the casting of spells. Is this system active right now or not? I can't seem to find any way to access something of this sort.

Also, I can also report the change password problem still persisting.

Edit: It is amazing how this sort of thing appears instantly after I right it down...

Hehe, yes, I just finished it. :-)

Zakilevo

Well I will post a couple here so people can try using that new feature.

[162|43ad1724578c39584ac6f8876fbde7f4504dde83]
[126|d2de9aa7c0e3b95c3a5c70e05d1eadf81720d470]
[125|2b61694af01b9350fee5f240ca805d64a9e0880f]
[195|89885923e1aae7e0ae85a9b11512c431a59f4dcd]