Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Automatic Caravan Transfers

Started by cjnodell, September 02, 2011, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjnodell

I hate to take this OOC but it is primarily regarding mechanics. I also think that the ox-cart system is quickly becoming overly complex.

I noticed an option under the caravan page.

Command > Send out Caravans > Current Automatic Transfers

If I set it to:
Destination: CITY
Threshhold: XXX

I believe that if you all set this up it will cause all food over XXX to be sent to CITY after harvest time. The food will be given to CITY at no cost. However, I believe that CITY will receive a report indicating how much food there was and where it came from..

This should be a set and forget setup for the most part. However, I am not at all sure that this functions as I think it does.

Am I close with this?
Also, is there a cost associated with sending food this way?
Is the food at risk from rouges while en-route?

Bael

One also gets the option to add a price regarding what to sell the contents for.

What I would like to know is: does each caravan (100 bushels) cost 5 gold to send, or is the overall group cost 5 gold?

cjnodell

You are right. This seems to duplicate the caravan settings under thw warehouse section somewhat. I was mostly wondering about the single "give" option.

fodder

they will be removing ox-cart at some point.. no?

is food at risk? possibly. but then again, ox-cart are not immune to looting (region control related?)
---
caravan cost, unless it's been fixed, is nowhere near what it says. last i looked 1 gold per whole train. can't say it won't be fixed.
firefox

cjnodell

True. But does it still cost to send these give caravans (5 gold per unless you have trading supplies)? Or is this the new free transfer option? I am also very curious as to what kind of notification the receiving party gets upon taking the goods.

fodder

the 5 gold thing was never 5 gold in the 1st place. supplies or no supplies.
firefox

cjnodell

You mean caravans do not cost money to use? Or just that the number is different?

fodder

last i noticed, it was 1 per train. that's with manual. not sure about auto.
firefox

Chenier

Quote from: fodder on September 03, 2011, 07:53:52 AM
last i noticed, it was 1 per train. that's with manual. not sure about auto.

Isn't it 5 per caravan if you don't have caravan supplies? Not sure.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

Quote from: Chénier on September 06, 2011, 04:53:26 AM
Isn't it 5 per caravan if you don't have caravan supplies? Not sure.

Like Fodder said, that is what the in game text says. I've never really paid attention to it myself but always felt the actual price is much less than what is stated.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

Quote from: Chénier on September 06, 2011, 04:53:26 AMIsn't it 5 per caravan if you don't have caravan supplies?
That was the original intention. However you are only charged 1 gold per caravan, regardless of how many you actually have, even if you have none at all, and can't even build them in your region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on September 06, 2011, 02:56:06 PM
That was the original intention. However you are only charged 1 gold per caravan, regardless of how many you actually have, even if you have none at all, and can't even build them in your region.

So when I built caravan supplies to make my imports cheaper, I was just wasting gold?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

yes and no. someone has to build one for player traders.
firefox

Chenier

Quote from: fodder on September 07, 2011, 10:15:42 PM
yes and no. someone has to build one for player traders.

But you don't need 5 of them per realm. There was already one available in an adjacent region, 3 hours away I believe.

It would be appreciated if the text would be changed to reflect how the mechanic actually works...

Indirik

Quote from: Chénier on September 07, 2011, 09:02:32 PMSo when I built caravan supplies to make my imports cheaper, I was just wasting gold?
Yes. I'm not sure if this will be changed or not.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.