Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Cossacks: Back to War

Started by Chenier, September 05, 2011, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

If anyone plays it, I'd be more than willing to test my skills against fellow human players. Bots are just too easy on random maps despite their insane cheating (because of the poor AI).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

I have European Wars only :/ It's a good game :) Though I must say I like the Total War series better

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Shizzle on September 05, 2011, 07:43:43 PM
I have European Wars only :/ It's a good game :) Though I must say I like the Total War series better

I'd saw I have to agree.

Fleugs

I too have European Wars only. The game's fun... been a while since I played it.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

What's with everyone only having European Wars? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

Why purchase an expansion that offers nothing new but a few scenario's? And I don't like scenario's, not in any game. I prefer the attachment to a colour during campaigns  8)

How about overhauling this thread into a Total War thread? ;)

Fleugs

Total War is awesome & stuff but you can't play it online, as in the turn-based part... which is what I like most. Screw those battles, it's all about grand strategy. :D

Reminds me of Knight of Honors... oh boy.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

Quote from: Shizzle on September 05, 2011, 11:05:55 PM
Why purchase an expansion that offers nothing new but a few scenario's? And I don't like scenario's, not in any game. I prefer the attachment to a colour during campaigns  8)

How about overhauling this thread into a Total War thread? ;)

Purchase? Oh, yea, of course...  ;D

Shizzle

Quote from: Chénier on September 06, 2011, 12:44:08 AM
Purchase? Oh, yea, of course...  ;D

So much for the "adoring fan" :P

And I don't mind the offline play in TW. The AI is challenging enough, certainly on hard settings :)

Peri

Quote from: Fleugs on September 05, 2011, 11:09:36 PM
Total War is awesome & stuff but you can't play it online, as in the turn-based part... which is what I like most. Screw those battles, it's all about grand strategy. :D

Reminds me of Knight of Honors... oh boy.

Shogun Total War 2 (the last of tw series) has a hotseat campaign modality which allows you to play also the campaign in multiplayer, both as a cooperative and hostile campaign. I think it's fixed for 2 players at most but I could be wrong.

It has some limitations but I find it quite cool.

Fleugs

Quote from: Peri on September 06, 2011, 12:06:22 PM
Shogun Total War 2 (the last of tw series) has a hotseat campaign modality which allows you to play also the campaign in multiplayer, both as a cooperative and hostile campaign. I think it's fixed for 2 players at most but I could be wrong.

It has some limitations but I find it quite cool.

Honestly, I find Shogun 2 pure and utter crap. Bad game. The TW-series peaked, imo, at Rome Total War and perhaps Medieval II Total War. I played Shogun for a while but... I dunno, I don't like it.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Shizzle

I still need to try out Shogun. I played Med I, RTW and currently 80 turns in my second M2TW campaign. First Scots, now French :) Just lost my crusading army to an assasin, what a pain O_o

Must say I didn't really like the 3D maps, though. I liked the pawns in Medieval Total War better :) admittedly, ambushing has become a lot cooler, and slowly I'm being convinced :P

Also, I totally loved the Winged Hussars in Cossacks, as well as those French/English(?) mounted Musketeers. I'd reinstall the game just for seeing my Hussars obliterate the enemy :P And for naval battles, which are epic (and Total War seriously lacks in the naval department)

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Fleugs on September 06, 2011, 12:13:29 PM
Honestly, I find Shogun 2 pure and utter crap. Bad game. The TW-series peaked, imo, at Rome Total War and perhaps Medieval II Total War. I played Shogun for a while but... I dunno, I don't like it.

Heresy! How darest thou speak thy words!

Peri

Quote from: Fleugs on September 06, 2011, 12:13:29 PM

I think Rome had the best AI of the three, and I also enjoyed it a lot. In particular, i feel you fight too many siege battles in Medieval II and Shogun II, and the AI is just terrible at sieging thus making the game pretty easy even at the hardest difficulty.

On my side I certainly enjoyed Medieval II's atmosphere and factions, and the multiplayer campaign of Shogun. Had they given me a multiplayer campaign in rome I would probably be still playing it..

Chenier

Quote from: Shizzle on September 06, 2011, 09:07:32 AM
So much for the "adoring fan" :P

And I don't mind the offline play in TW. The AI is challenging enough, certainly on hard settings :)

I was initiated to the game years after its release. And while I like the gameplay, I could not bring myself to paying for that game today. As for the sequel... well, I didn't like it. I probably would have bought it had I liked it, though.