Author Topic: Hatred  (Read 3190 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Hatred
« Topic Start: August 23, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
You have now declared Sint as evil incarnate, the enemies of everything that Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na stands for, and a realm of twisted, smelly people who deserve nothing but hate and brutal death.
Your peasants fall for you hook, line and sinker. Aside from a (short-term) morale boost in your armed forces, you also get a better grip on internal dissidents - as long as the war is going well.

What does this mean? Is there penalties if the war isn't going well? How does the game consider if the war is going well or not?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Hatred
« Reply #1: August 23, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
I think that if you lack battles with your "hatred enemy" or they beat you in battles, you might take hits in region statistics.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 23, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »
That'd be pretty cool if that's true.

cjnodell

« Reply #3: August 23, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
Based on the game generated text it sounds like it should provide a bonus if you have enough battles/victories and no effect otherwise...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 23, 2011, 06:11:22 PM »
Based on the game generated text it sounds like it should provide a bonus if you have enough battles/victories and no effect otherwise...

I did not notice this "short term morale boost to troops" it talks about, though. Morale of my units seemed just the same after I declared it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 23, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »
Maybe it weakens moral penalties / gives a boost to gains for moral changes at the turn? Same for Control issues it talks about. Did you notice any immediate changes there? Perhaps it means the control issues at the daily region report as well.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 23, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »
Maybe it weakens moral penalties / gives a boost to gains for moral changes at the turn? Same for Control issues it talks about. Did you notice any immediate changes there? Perhaps it means the control issues at the daily region report as well.

The full turn change hasn't happened yet, so I can't say for effect on regions. And morale did not seem to increase at TC.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 10, 2011, 08:26:01 PM »
Here's something I've heard a lot, but never officially:

Does Hatred status have any effect on Friendly or Colony takeovers?  I've heard, variously, that if you've declared hatred you can't use them, that if someone has declared hatred against you that you can't use them, or both.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 10, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
Here's something I've heard a lot, but never officially:

Does Hatred status have any effect on Friendly or Colony takeovers?  I've heard, variously, that if you've declared hatred you can't use them, that if someone has declared hatred against you that you can't use them, or both.

I've heard that it lowers sympathy in your realm to the target hated realm. Since CTOs work like FTOs, using sympathy, this would indeed make it impossible for the hated realm to do in your lands after some time/instantly if this is indeed the case.