Author Topic: North East Thread  (Read 24694 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: North East Thread
« Reply #45: September 17, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »
Interesting.

Now that I look at it closely, seems like Fissoa, Terran, Morek, D'Hara, Corsanctum, and Summerdale all decline about the same time, while Aurvandil, Madina, and Pian en Luries all rise across the same time. Curious.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: September 17, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »
They have tried going down south to get rid of TMP. The travel times are horrible though and there aren't many monsters spawning south of them for some reason. Possibly because Corsanctum is hunting them to get rid of TMP as well.

Yes, that's correct. We have had no spawns in our regions nor in rogue regions bordering ours for a very long time. There were some monsters deep south but we weren't organized to stay out on the field so long and we missed them.

Now a couple groups spawned here and there and this may fix the tmp for at least a little while, but there are tough times ahead for Morek. Dwilight is by far now not as full of monsters as it once was, let's hope that this couple with the new estates allowed for a lot of expansion and hostility chances.

egamma

« Reply #47: September 17, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »
Interesting.

Now that I look at it closely, seems like Fissoa, Terran, Morek, D'Hara, Corsanctum, and Summerdale all decline about the same time, while Aurvandil, Madina, and Pian en Luries all rise across the same time. Curious.

I think the war in the south probably attracted several nobles.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: September 17, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
We've got units with 0% morale and 0% training in D'Hara...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #49: September 17, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »
To be fair, I'm traveling in the North East right now, the morale is due to distance from realm, at least partly. But the training is 100% TMP.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: September 17, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
Real men travel without unit.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: September 17, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »
And real men get attacked and robbed by bandits too because they don't have soldiers, I guess? :P

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: September 17, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
Real men are priests, don't you know? Sissy troop leaders who complain for each mile travelled.....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #53: September 18, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »
Interesting.

So, have yourselves a nice Church Schism and get into a Religious Civil War

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: September 18, 2011, 01:04:27 AM »
We might all be gearing up for Dwilights first world war?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #55: October 31, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »
Just looking at the 'realm list', to see that Barca has exceeded Summerdale and Libero Empire in noble count, however they do have more regions.
That raises the question, how does a realm of 11 nobles keep 11 regions maintained?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 31, 2011, 01:55:45 AM »
Just looking at the 'realm list', to see that Barca has exceeded Summerdale and Libero Empire in noble count, however they do have more regions.
That raises the question, how does a realm of 11 nobles keep 11 regions maintained?

With the new estate system that should be pretty trivial, and EVERYBODY GETS TO BE A LORD. Not optimal in terms of gold maybe. I know several realms have discussed having no knights in Rural regions in order to expand the regions they can hold.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 31, 2011, 03:05:26 AM »
With the new estate system that should be pretty trivial, and EVERYBODY GETS TO BE A LORD. Not optimal in terms of gold maybe. I know several realms have discussed having no knights in Rural regions in order to expand the regions they can hold.

Terran is moving that direction.

But that type of realm, in the long-run, I think is mostly a Dwilight anomaly.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 31, 2011, 06:18:17 AM »
Terran is moving that direction.

But that type of realm, in the long-run, I think is mostly a Dwilight anomaly.

If people in fheuv'n had a tad more ambition, we'd have that too.

The character death at the beginning of the invasion really did a score on BT. Feels like a dying continent now, sadly. Used to be so dynamic and so much fun...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 31, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »
Feels like a dying continent now, sadly.

Well, it kind of is dying. That's the point.