Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 116257 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #120: September 11, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
I think there should be some kind of mechanic to officialize the realms support for the creation for a new duchy. For example when a new duchy is created, at least one new region must join it (within 3 days?) for it to be considered legitimate. Thoughts?

This is silly. There are already many single region duchies in the game.

Especially on the Far East, where there are so many cities, a lot of duchies only have one or two regions. I'm the Duke of a Stronghold with no other regions sworn to my Duchy, big deal?

With the New Estate System I can see even more reasons for there to be single region duchies. What better way to quiet down an unruly region lord than by giving him his own little Duchy Title (but no real power) out in the boonies? What better way to earn a little loyalty from someone than by appointing them Duke of their own region?

No, I definitely think these changes will be for the better and will be really cool.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)