Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 119859 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #285: September 27, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
I *assume* any Lord can change allegiances to any Duchy that borders him, but also to any landless Duchy that exists.

Today we received a report for a region that because of the lack of knights, region control was reduced. Personally I was under the impression that a region could be kept under control, just with lower tax income by only a lord. Is my impression wrong of the new system or is this event still something from the old system?

From the Wiki:

An estate is a part of a region, currently defined abstractly as a percentage part of the region (e.g. 20% of the region of Keplerville). Everyone can have at most one estate, and the size of estates is limited. There are minimum and maximum sizes that depend on the region type and size. The minimum sizes go from 5% to 20% while the maximum sizes go from 30% to 50%. So every region will need 2-4 knights (of which the lord can be one) to cover it entirely.

Covering it entirely referring to Taxes. The Lord can act as a Knight from what I understand of this text. Has the Lord of that region tried to set up an Estate and act as a Knight of his region like that?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:56:11 PM by Telrunya »