Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Test Run Launched

Started by Tom, September 13, 2011, 09:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Ok everyone, the engine is running, meaning you will get your regular fixes of experience points and energy. And you can start playing. This is still a test run, so nothing that happens is "official".

I am looking for feedback, especially when you try getting into actual spellcasting - just how much is possible, too much too little? Does the parser work for you, etc?

Zane

Quote from: Tom on September 13, 2011, 09:16:39 AM
I am looking for feedback, especially when you try getting into actual spellcasting - just how much is possible, too much too little? Does the parser work for you, etc?

Well, I see XP accruing and I can verify in the parser, but I don't see where to actually commit the action and get the verification code. Am I missing something obvious?

Tom

Quote from: Zane on September 13, 2011, 03:48:57 PM
Well, I see XP accruing and I can verify in the parser, but I don't see where to actually commit the action and get the verification code. Am I missing something obvious?

Errr... no... it turns out I haven't finished that part. *facepalm*

Sorry... give me a few days.

Tom

Commit button is now active and will correctly apply all changes.

So you can now expend energy, gain XP, etc.

Zakilevo

I just tested them out and it works!

Tom

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 14, 2011, 05:53:01 PM
I just tested them out and it works!

You didn't post your roleplay?

Tom

I ran a couple manual updates, so if you have more XP, energy, concentration than you should (by a few hours), that's not a bug.

Zakilevo

For the test run rp, do I consider everyone as a spellcaster? or are you allow to rp as a NPC character? (well that doesn't make sense now I said it since NPC cannot be played..)

Tom

Of course you can invent NPCs - check the rules.

Your character, however, is capable of magic.

Zakilevo

What happens if the person who decided to join my story doesn't respond for a long time? Do I just take control of his character and continue my story?

Brant

Or wait at least as long as he waited for you :P  And it's just a little awkward that  I RPed him rowing sitting next to your char rowing and you RPed him near death during the same time frame.   

Edit: If they rowed together before the mast broke, then it would work out just fine timeline wise.  We can work with, or around it :P

Zakilevo

eh.. Maybe I should change the storyline. lol I will work on that. And I wasn't really aiming the question at you Brant. I totally forgot people can join my RP. That just made me think about the question :)

ps: holy crap I misread your thing.. I will change my RP right away.

Brant

I'd think you'd wait however long your patience allows, then try to move on without including anything that would require a response from them?  Some people get touchy when you try to RP their characters for them, even if you're stuck waiting.  As for me, if I don't respond in a day, feel free to RP mine as minimally as possible to get out of whatever scene you're stuck in.

Zakilevo

fixed. eh hopefully the change is more suitable to continue the storyline. If you want me to change something just ask :)

I just realized if we were allowed to have more characters, I wouldn't have been able to handle two or three at a time. I never wrote so much even in battlemaster.

Zakilevo

how often do we get exp and energy back?