Author Topic: Aetheris Pyrism  (Read 37760 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Aetheris Pyrism
« Reply #75: June 08, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
This thread just makes me want to incorporate my old Arkhan'a religion into BM even more. :P Based off of Greek, Norse, Sumerian and Egyptian mythology with a few interesting twists, the religion itself is rife with rivalry. Every follower respects each of the pantheon's deities, yet like in many ancient polytheistic nations, individual nations, regions, and city-states tend to favor one god or goddess over another.

Hell, my entire proposed 3-part Fantasy novel series was effectively the war of the gods utterly f*cking the world to the point where mortal kind had to choose sides, which others went so far as to aspire to destroy the gods themselves. (With the help of certain ambitious and devious gods willing to trick mortals into becoming their champions, effectively recruiting living weapons with which to fell their own kind in their covetous desires. ;) )

I find SA to be too ''united" in its approach. That's why I prefer pre-Monotheistic religions where the dynamics were THERE. You had a proper spiritual reason and various major schools of thought that were complete anathema to one another, rather than the post-Christian 'we all believe in the same book, story, and god, yet find excuses to fight over minute details some delirious old men wrote in a desert cave a few hundred years ago', heh.

If SA is the equivalent of medieval Catholicism, I want to create an old-school panen/polytheistic system to rival that of the old heathens. It'll be one hell of a fun RP!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.