Author Topic: Aetheris Pyrism  (Read 37757 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Aetheris Pyrism
« Reply #75: June 08, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
I find SA to be too ''united" in its approach. That's why I prefer pre-Monotheistic religions where the dynamics were THERE. You had a proper spiritual reason and various major schools of thought that were complete anathema to one another, rather than the post-Christian 'we all believe in the same book, story, and god, yet find excuses to fight over minute details some delirious old men wrote in a desert cave a few hundred years ago', heh.
Hmm.. have you been in SA yet? We only look united from the outside. :)

Unfortunately, with the way that religion in BattleMaster works, it is really hard, if not impossible, to have individual sects. the game treats everyone in a religion the exact same. There is no way to have individual message groups, parallel rank structures, assign followers to sects, etc.

This is also one of the few things that disappoints me about the way religion has evolved in BattleMaster. So far as I know, there are really few, or no, cases where you have a common theology that split into multiple related religions. I understand that one side of the Sartnina/Adgharhinist split acknowledges the other as worshiping the same god. But I never really got any sense of that in-game, other than a brief nod to it in some basic background explanation. It never really seemed to have any effect in-game. I would really like to see something where we end up with multiple religions all worshiping the same god, or each worshiping a different god of the same pantheon.

I suppose this is because it is so hard to schism, you're starting from ground zero every time. And most likely because just about everyone who starts a religion has their own new, original idea they want to try. It would be nice to see people take the existing theologies and go with them. The religious scene then may not look so fractured and piecemeal.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.