Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 61070 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hi,

Apologies for bringing up this old post and perhaps going slightly off topic (I guess the mod can mess things up if he feels this is done for real). I ran into this post a bit randomly cause I didn't really read the BT forum up to now. Reading bits of it here and there one question came up to me naturally: how exactly do you guys know so much?

I mean, besides Tom and those that played the various factions, there seem to be quite some people arguing about things done in the invasion to an extent that leaves me wondering. I had a char during the entire invasion, first in fronen then in the meridian republic. An infiltrator. And I must say that I didn't have the slightest idea what the hell was going on from the very first to the very last day of the invasion. I saw the various faction raising, destroying almost everything, slowing down after a while and then vanishing leaving the blight behind. Fielding at first enough strength to wipe out basically everything and then not doing it for unknown reasons.

Confronting my experience of the 4th invasion to what I read here I am incredibly surprised at the amount of things I lost and that apparently made the invasion way more interesting than I could see. Completely.

Now, I do not mean this post to be a critic to the invasion or anything, but I was just wondering if the problem was me and my lack of commitment to gather informations on what was going on somehow (I really didn't check the wiki so much and didn't play the dream) or whether I just had the bad luck of being in the wrong realms and with a char that was not well connected. It goes without saying that something like the 4th invasion is certainly more entertaining for highly ranked and well connected characters, but I just want to know whether "regular" nobles could enjoy -and thus I was a bit the exception- or not. Maybe you can help me answering this question :)

cheers