Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 60867 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
More like "lack of". If I remember correctly, it was some sort of almost extremist "free state" deal, with either monthly or quarterly elections for the council, weak power for the ruler, strong power for the judge, and probably balanced for the others, not as if that means anything.

The lords and dukes are appointed though. Also, they make a really big deal about being free or something. Did I mention that they are among the least self-sustainable realms...wait, make that the least self-sustainable realm on the continent? Democracy isn't exactly a good government style to use in BM when you need some serious and swift action to deal with the blight that's on the west and south borders.

I wouldn't think that a "democracy" would appoint their lords. If it truly is an anarchistic every-man-for-himself society, it could be interesting, but it sounds pretty feudal-authoritarian to me. Weak government, strong Dukes who can control the Judge by making appointments conditional on voting the way you want them to.