Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 61238 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Quite. It's basically like saying that my protestant neighbor is clearly a pedophile, because there were many reports of pedophile catholic priests, and Catholicism and protestantism are both christian, and that he's part of one of these.

It's quite absurd. You need to really be weak-minded and short-sighted to think this... The Blood Cult was the most independent faith of its times

I think you're the one missing the point a little bit. That's your own insiders perspective. Iltaran's touched upon the truth of things, but let me expand. Most Beluaterran outsiders see/saw the Blood Cult as an influential faction in Enweil. This was helped very much by the actions of Mesh. Indeed, when I actually got one of my characters to Mesh and became ruler there, I was totally unprepared for the strength of feeling on the matter. They hated the Cult.

I'm not disputing that the Blood Cult was powerful/well spread/influential etc. But over a period of years Mesh and others very successfully smeared the Blood Cult. The Blood Cult itself did little to help it's cause. Consider things like founding a theocracy in Athol Margos during an Enweilian campaign in Riombara. Plenty linked the Cult and Enweil together.

You mentioned Fronen, but they don't/didn't really have any strong personalities at all. The Blood Cult might have been active there, but you didn't hear about it or come across any of it. When there was the big Grehk/Fronen war Mesh was moaning about Cultists there but no-one cared as you hardly knew they existed. No-one listened because to most minds, the Cult was already one with Enweil.

It's always been the House of Chenier whose name has been in various states of repute/disrepute as a Cultist throughout Beluaterra. And where has the House of Chenier been active most in Beluaterra? For how long has a Chenier been either General/Ruler of Enweil? In that sense, it's always come across very strongly that the Cult has a big power base in Enweil and that Enweil happily supports Cultists.

You can say what you want, but my Beluaterra char has definitely spent the last four years or so associating the Blood Cult most strongly with Enweil.