Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 61253 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
I played Charles Mercer, ruler of Mesh for six months at the end of the 3rd invasion, and I am amazed at some of what I am reading here. 

There was a very strong pride in the anti-daimon culture of Mesh among many of the characters in the realm.  Many of us saw it as everyone's duty to eradicate all of the daimons, and Mesh took a leadership role in that effort.  We did not use the daimon nests as an excuse to trespass in Enweil.  We legitimately wanted just to wipe out daimons, and were frustrated that so many other realms would not help, for whatever reasons they had.

Even when we picked a fight with Enweil to get the Blood Cult temples destroyed, it was only because of our hatred of daimons and belief that the Cult was affiliated with the daimons.  Many prominent members of Mesh were vocal in our council that we hoped to return to the old days of alliance with Enweil, and were sad that our old friend had strayed from our values.  Our hatred of daimons was so strong that we picked the fight with them that got us destroyed, and would never compromise for our survival.

I enjoyed reading Aelradir's post about his experience in Sint during this time.  I took a lot of flack for allying with Sint to strike Jobo's Mouth, and spent a large portion of my political capital.  I wanted a united human continent against non-humans, but many Meshians held hard grudges against Sint for several reasons.  I was disappointed when Sint joined the daimons in the 4th invasion because it justified the opposition against my decisions.  Charles was actually on his way to Sint to pick some fights when he was killed by a group of Undead, shortly after the destruction of Mesh.

I will try to keep reading this thread because it is neat to see the more open and honest thought processes behind such a long and interesting story.  I'll try to remember what I can from so long ago.

I will second this, I was there during the final days of Mesh, we were a full steam ahead Daimon killing realm and wondered the rest of the realms weren't.
We live lives in beautiful lies...