Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 61231 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
I think at this point it's fair to say that there were no "real" enemies, or rather, all enemies were quite real.
It didn't help that many of the human realms saw the invaders at the outset as not so much allies, but creatures that could be used to their advantage.

I played as King of the Dominion of Alluran at the outset, later Duke of Fwuvoghor and General of the Meridian Republic. I worked with Duke Khaludh of Rines to create MR and Mordred was interested in seeing it created as well, so for anyone who still says that MR was purely opportunistic I'll remind them that there were two major factions, the Fwuvoghor remnants and the rest, both who wanted to play the invaders against each other whilst we could build up our strength to a point where we could more effectively fight back. There were fallouts with the monsters which didn't really eventuate into much because they suffered pretty badly from someone getting sick and inactive. At the end of the day most of the military action we saw was 1) when we took over the rogue regions of the isles and were attacked by the combined forces of Avalon and Bara'Khur and 2) when we had to defend our lands against the daimons who snuck past Fwuvoghor and teleported into our core food producing regions.

A fair bit of that is stuff I've said before, but I do notice MR still has a tarnished reputation from people who decided to wear themselves down on us before the monsters attacked them, as well as Riombarans who were angry to see a city of theirs leave. Haha man I'm such a broken record. To be fair I bailed out when the monsters ate most of Fwuvoghor's population and Celyn went crazy.

I think we needed to have allied with each other and faced the invaders much earlier in the war. Once they had claimed regions easily off realms like us in DoA they had that much more scope to recruit armies. We were told that the way to fight them was not necessarily with our own armies, but it always seemed to me that very few characters were willing to co-operate to work out what the other means may have been.

A lot of the time we either made the wrong assumption or wait you know what its 9:45pm and I have at least a hundred pages of crap to read and write an essay on and I feel like crap so ima cut this short.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.