Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 61041 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You know, I get the feeling that the guys who played the daimons were laughing at you all through the Invasion. It's all past now though, so I'll drop the subject. You can go ahead and think whatever you'd like about being a mastermind manipulator, but the objective part is: you probably failed. The apparent answer by now should be clear that whatever it was you did was quite clearly on the wrong track, at least in terms of "complete" human victory. As it is now, we have a "victory" achieved solely by virtue of not being defeated, which is not much of a win at all.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the 4th Inv, and the interesting phenomenon whereby people think too hard about seemingly simple things and thus never get to the actual answer, we will probably never have a 100% good answer as to what happened. Oh well, I guess.

They can think themselves master manipulators themselves all they want, it is what you seem to think they were, and what Tom is suggesting they were. I'm not saying I tricked them against their best interests. These days, I am more one to go with the flow... I might try to divert a river here and there, but I'm not trying to build any dams anymore. And you seem to believe I wanted a complete human victory myself... you REALLY should stop assuming you know what I did, why, and how.

I might have done a few things slightly differently, but even in the light of all I know now, I mostly would have done exactly the same. Spreading the lies I was shared served my own best interests, after all. It's no coincidence I was so eager to share them in the first place. A ravaged Beluaterra is exactly what I sought all along. Not destroyed, but not standing tall either. A handful of broken realms is a good playground.

One doesn't need all the secrets to get things done. Those who know or think they know more than the others should be less haughty about it, as those who know less aren't clueless idiots as a result. Not even everyone wanted the humans to survive, and among those who did, many different levels of "survival" were desired. One simply can't be so arrogant as to claim to know another's motivations and ambitions without the latter explicitely confessing them.

And I must really insist on the fact that the servants of the light were douchebags. Regardless of what all the invaders said, which my characters didn't really buy though they promoted it all over, the servants' actions, choices, and attitude is what determined my characters' stance on them, along with most of his peers'.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron