Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 58865 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Eretzism. That's Enweil's real religion I think.

It's the thing we decorate our walls with, pretty much.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
well... i just assume it's like the blood cult's little brother anyway XD (like how it's used in wars, etc)
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
well... i just assume it's like the blood cult's little brother anyway XD (like how it's used in wars, etc)

Uh...?

I can't see a single resemblance between the two, other than they both had support in Enweil (in which case, the Cult would be most religions' big brothers for having spread to most realms at one point or another in time).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Eretizism is a tool of the Enweilian government. This was the reason given for its founding when it was created, and was one of the primary reasons Fwuvoghor seceeded from Enweil all those years ago.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
in the way both were seen/or at least depicted as extension of enweil by some.
firefox

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Before the invasion, Nicolas was very much the public face of Enweil and known to be a Blood Cult Elder. So it was was pretty easy for the anti-Enweil forces and the anti-Blood Cult forces to link the two together in order to gain support for their respective objectives.

From an outsiders perspective, I saw the BC as an influential, but not dominant, faction within Enweil's government. Generally what benefitted one benefitted the other.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
An extension of Enweil? Amusing, considering it didn't gain any influence in Enweil until the later days. And that it was *Fronen*'s state religion since its founding, pretty much, and that's where the Cult had the most followers and temples, and launched most of their activities from.

Also, Nicolas was not an elder of the Blood Cult. A very prominent and influential member, yes, moreso than its actual elders of the time I'd say, but he was still holder of but a full member rank.

To view the Cult as an extension of Enweil is a gross misunderstanding of the place the Cult held in Beluaterra. Enweil was one of the last places it settled in, where it gained support from but a minority. Eretzism even declared it evil, for a while. However, that minority included the very influential Nicolas Chénier and a handful of very loyal and active young supporters to his cause, as well as a few immigrants of experience that came from outside of Enweil. Apathy towards the Cult is what allowed it to push its agenda in Enweil so much, as there wasn't really any other agenda to oppose Nicolas'. It was a symbiotic relation, mostly, though close to parasitic at times. Enweil was pretty much wandering around aimlessly before I came along, without any plans or desire to shake things up. When Nicolas came along, he firmly believed that if Enweil did not use its power, it would lose it. And he managed to convince a bunch of others, and most of the rest followed, only a tiny minority really opposing what he was pushing for. And eventually, he manged to use Enweil to punish all those who persecuted him and the Cult.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
that's not the point

... from a character who only sees invasion by enweil, blood cultists, eretzism and daimons led by some character with ties to one or more of the 3, then they are basically the same thing.
firefox

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Isn't that rather disingenuous? If that's your reasoning, you might as well say the monsters, undead, and daimons were all the same thing because they had ties to one another, which is clearly complete crap.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Isn't that rather disingenuous? If that's your reasoning, you might as well say the monsters, undead, and daimons were all the same thing because they had ties to one another, which is clearly complete crap.

Quite. It's basically like saying that my protestant neighbor is clearly a pedophile, because there were many reports of pedophile catholic priests, and Catholicism and protestantism are both christian, and that he's part of one of these.

It's quite absurd. You need to really be weak-minded and short-sighted to think this... The Blood Cult was the most independent faith of its times, and only aided other parties (be them realms, like Enweil, or NPCs, like daimons) when it served their own agenda. Everything was done with the intent of wiping off every non-cultist faiths from the map, starting with the actively hostile ones, but eventually very well including Eretzism for which it had no love (but which attacking would be counter-productive, and which would have broken with the policy of letting others be as we build ourselves up, unless attacked first).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Quite. It's basically like saying that my protestant neighbor is clearly a pedophile, because there were many reports of pedophile catholic priests, and Catholicism and protestantism are both christian, and that he's part of one of these.

It's quite absurd. You need to really be weak-minded and short-sighted to think this... The Blood Cult was the most independent faith of its times, and only aided other parties (be them realms, like Enweil, or NPCs, like daimons) when it served their own agenda. Everything was done with the intent of wiping off every non-cultist faiths from the map, starting with the actively hostile ones, but eventually very well including Eretzism for which it had no love (but which attacking would be counter-productive, and which would have broken with the policy of letting others be as we build ourselves up, unless attacked first).

We are RPing medieval nobles. Being weak minded is probably the norm really. Also is probably closer to thinking all Muslims are terrorist because a few have chosen that path in order to fight against what they see as injustices against their faith. Or thinking that the goal of all Christians is to convert the "poor stupid fools" to the one true religion, just because the evangelist movements are so visible. We lump large groups of people together unfairly all the time. We still do it today even though in real terms awareness of such issues should be MUCH greater. Given the time period we are playing such things I would think are very acceptable.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Look at our "democracy": most people are still weak-minded and short-sighted... The only difference with medieval times is that today everybody thinks they have a valid opinion :P

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Yes, they had other goals. And they reached them. Most of the bill is still open on that. But payday will come. After all, we have to have something for the 5th invasion, whatever form it may take.

How about this, the Blight lifts and all the humans march through Jobbo's Mouth to invade the Daimon dimension? XD

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Then we all die because we cannot breathe there. ;)

songqu88@gmail.com

lol, I asked once. Basically we'd combust to ashes.