Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 58862 times)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Not yet, well, except for the one in Reeds which may not be a zombie or an ogre.

Once we get the armour bolted on and figure out some way to resurrect Tonkotsu using blood sacrifices and...uh...maybe some mercury mixed with gold mixed with platnium, we'll be all good for our religious needs as we can finally have a living diety in a proper all powerful shell  "All-Powerful(tm) specifically excludes falling apart due to necrosis, worms, general rot, or citizens with fire.  Not to be used in public.  Insane Blood Cultists ltd. does not take any responsability for none of this working at all as planned."

songqu88@gmail.com

The Bara'Khur/Nothoi area appears to be the worst position on Beluaterra right now. Cities and mountains, and maybe at most three rural regions, means difficult means to feed the regions. Add to that the fact that the entire western and southern borders are pretty much blighted regions.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Harsh, I guess, but I have a sinking feeling that it might not be far from the fact that many players might have simply thrown their hands up and said something like "Screw this! I'm just gonna do whatever and hope for the best."

From the echoes I got, I'd say this is/was predominant.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Harsh, I guess, but I have a sinking feeling that it might not be far from the fact that many players might have simply thrown their hands up and said something like "Screw this! I'm just gonna do whatever and hope for the best."

That's pretty much what I did, anyway.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh hells yes.  It shouldn't even have been formed except for a fit of pique by a Duke who was high on opiates at the time.

That and he was sick of the beurocrats nosing around, some of them even said that experimenting on his household staff was wrong!  Which he did not even do (because he can't fend for himself at all).

Nothoi and Bara'Khur are very different however, and Nothoi at least has some nobles and a willingness to fight anyone over peanuts (by fight, I mean duel due to the lack of a meaningful army).  One thing about BM though, spunk counts for a whole lot more then you'd expect.

songqu88@gmail.com

Yeah...I'm just going to see how long Bara'Khur sticks around with a starving Dyomoque, and how long Nothoi plans to stick to its  :o style of...government (?).

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Probably until Solips gets himself killed or deported.

Then it's either Schrezer, Kraft, or Reston and only Kraft is really likely to keep it a madhouse.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Yeah...I'm just going to see how long Bara'Khur sticks around with a starving Dyomoque, and how long Nothoi plans to stick to its  :o style of...government (?).

I'm intrigued. What is their style of government like?

songqu88@gmail.com

More like "lack of". If I remember correctly, it was some sort of almost extremist "free state" deal, with either monthly or quarterly elections for the council, weak power for the ruler, strong power for the judge, and probably balanced for the others, not as if that means anything.

The lords and dukes are appointed though. Also, they make a really big deal about being free or something. Did I mention that they are among the least self-sustainable realms...wait, make that the least self-sustainable realm on the continent? Democracy isn't exactly a good government style to use in BM when you need some serious and swift action to deal with the blight that's on the west and south borders.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
More like "lack of". If I remember correctly, it was some sort of almost extremist "free state" deal, with either monthly or quarterly elections for the council, weak power for the ruler, strong power for the judge, and probably balanced for the others, not as if that means anything.

The lords and dukes are appointed though. Also, they make a really big deal about being free or something. Did I mention that they are among the least self-sustainable realms...wait, make that the least self-sustainable realm on the continent? Democracy isn't exactly a good government style to use in BM when you need some serious and swift action to deal with the blight that's on the west and south borders.

I wouldn't think that a "democracy" would appoint their lords. If it truly is an anarchistic every-man-for-himself society, it could be interesting, but it sounds pretty feudal-authoritarian to me. Weak government, strong Dukes who can control the Judge by making appointments conditional on voting the way you want them to.

songqu88@gmail.com

It's more like one duke, who isn't exactly that qualified, if sanity and/or rooted in reality is a condition. There's only one duchy: Reeds. The regions are mountains, plus one rural and one townsland I believe. There is also this freedom of religion thing, so I think sometime sooner or later Hemaism could take out Reeds, unless Daishi makes a comeback there first.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Or the blood cult.  Really hoping for them to make a presence there.

Solips is qualified, he just doesn't have any real interest in ruling or doing much of anything beyond his attempts to achieve immortality/break through existance/create the philosopher's stone.  I actually have no idea why anyone lets him be Duke, or why they made him a Duke in the first place.  It's not like he made his drug addiction a secret, and his only claim to fame was trying to kill two realm-mates during the fourth invasion, obstensibly because they were...

I'm not really sure.  I know it made sense to him at the time.  When you have to actually enjoin your sole Duke to not murder ambassadors or members of his own realm on a "hunch" you might want to have a new Duke.

Nothoi is actually closest to 1300s Florence, which was outwardly free and liberal but inwardly couldn't get its !@#$ together to save its life.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Or the blood cult.  Really hoping for them to make a presence there.

Solips is qualified, he just doesn't have any real interest in ruling or doing much of anything beyond his attempts to achieve immortality/break through existance/create the philosopher's stone.  I actually have no idea why anyone lets him be Duke, or why they made him a Duke in the first place.  It's not like he made his drug addiction a secret, and his only claim to fame was trying to kill two realm-mates during the fourth invasion, obstensibly because they were...

I'm not really sure.  I know it made sense to him at the time.  When you have to actually enjoin your sole Duke to not murder ambassadors or members of his own realm on a "hunch" you might want to have a new Duke.

Nothoi is actually closest to 1300s Florence, which was outwardly free and liberal but inwardly couldn't get its !@#$ together to save its life.

The Blood Cult is no more, I shut it down. I have plans for another religion, but at the rate its going, it's probably going to be an informal one without game-mechanic backing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
damn... what am i going to use to blame enweil for everything?
firefox

songqu88@gmail.com

Eretzism. That's Enweil's real religion I think.