Author Topic: Seasons (on the wiki?)  (Read 3754 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Seasons (on the wiki?)
« Topic Start: October 29, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »
I am quite surprised that there is not a page donated to seasons. Just a single one-line footnote under the "food" heading. I could have sworn that there was a seasons page (unless I missed it?). Shall I add one?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Seasons (on the wiki?)
« Reply #1: October 29, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »
Ps: to expand the seasons page, I was thinking that we could add Season (Island, Area). Then the players from those areas could add what sort of weather those areas experience (mainly winter, but also other seasons if desired)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 29, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
Ps: to expand the seasons page, I was thinking that we could add Season (Island, Area). Then the players from those areas could add what sort of weather those areas experience (mainly winter, but also other seasons if desired)

Sounds more like that should come under a /continent/seasons page than on the /seasons page itself.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 29, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
Sounds more like that should come under a /continent/seasons page than on the /seasons page itself.

I suppose they could be linked. But yeah, the location of the actual pages would be better as you say

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 29, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
Only two islands have seasons: Dwilight and FEI. All regions on those islands experience the same seasons, and all at the same time. i.e. if it's summer in Madina it's summer in Valkyrja, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 30, 2011, 02:34:07 AM »
I suppose they could be linked. But yeah, the location of the actual pages would be better as you say

Indeed. Links would work well. Just use [[continent/season|Seasons on Continent]] or something similar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 30, 2011, 02:23:42 AM »
What are you trying to do by separating seasons by continent? I really can't figure out what the purpose of this is...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 30, 2011, 12:10:13 PM »
What are you trying to do by separating seasons by continent? I really can't figure out what the purpose of this is...

Right now, many of the characters in the realms don't really know what the generally accepted weather is like. Eg why is the travel slowed? Is it: A) Excessive mud & rain B) Snow C) Sandstorms D) Something else. It would be an aid to RP, so that everyone is more or less on the same page.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 30, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »

Might be an RP guide for different area's on *insert continent here* or some such.

Take Dwilight, up in SA lands I guess it aint too bad during winter, apart from the snowing etc.

Take Luria - just a typical greek/roman winter.

Take madina - carribian baby!