Author Topic: Sage Finder  (Read 20956 times)

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
Sage Finder
« Topic Start: September 29, 2011, 12:54:28 AM »
Ok I planing to start a mapping page on the wiki that will try and follow the different sages by name around to track their movement habits.  If any one is interested in helping me in this task you are very welcome to do so.  I think what needs to be done first is start collecting sightings of sages such as this one.

Report from Ole   (11 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Message sent to all adventurers in the vicinity of Sabadell (6 recipients)
"You have encountered a sage, a wise man, known as Emtorkin. People say he is brave. It is rumoured by many that he has magical powers. He and his kind are the only people capable of repairing and sometimes even improving unique items.

Since you do not have any damaged unique items, the sage can not offer you any repairs."

He is in Sabadell.  also include the current date which is 9 - 28 -11 this will greatly help sort out duplicate posting and help organize the sightings. 

So if you wish you could post sightings like this. 

"You have encountered a sage, a wise man, known as Emtorkin. People say he is brave. It is rumoured by many that he has magical powers. He and his kind are the only people capable of repairing and sometimes even improving unique items.

Since you do not have any damaged unique items, the sage can not offer you any repairs."

Sage - Emtorkin 
Island - Dwilight
Region - Sabadell
Realm - Astrum
Time - 9-28-11

Once we get a good amount of information on a few sages we can then start making maps of their travels and hopefully find a pattern of some kind that each one follows. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:23:24 AM by Stien Family »

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Finder
« Reply #1: September 29, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
"You have encountered a sage, a wise man, known as T'sker'ch Ach'tzalik. People say he is strangely spoken. It is rumoured by many that he has magical powers. He and his kind are the only people capable of repairing and sometimes even improving unique items.

Sage - T'sker'ch Ach'tzalik
Island - Dwilight
Region - Mt. Black Nastrond
Realm - Libero Empire
Time - 9-28-11
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 29, 2011, 03:39:00 AM »
I would recomend setting this up using semantic templates, like Unique Items. This would make it easier to later organise and filter the data. I might have a play around later on and see what I can come up with. It would be nice to automatically map spottings of the sages, but last time I tried that with the wiki it was not very successful.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
Oh it would be nice to be able to auto-map the sages.  But that is not really my goal here.  i am trying to find a pattern of movement in the individual sages on each Island.  and put that information in the wiki in a easy t
o understand format. 

I was thinking of using the maps of each island and having each sage with his or her own icon and a color.  then using the information given us on each Island we make a trail of the color bar and the sages Icon showing where he has been.  If it then makes a circle or pattern of some sort we should be able determine the region an d location of certain sages any time of the week.  Correcting errors of predictions as we go along and learn more of their movement habits.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 29, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
I may be mistaken, but I believe the movement is somewhat random. It should be impossible to accurately predict their location given a date.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: September 29, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
Prediction is certainly going to be a challenge.

If you use semantic data on the wiki, it could automatically create a timeline for you, which may be useful for answering questions such as "how long does he typically stay in a region?" or "how fast or slow does he travel?".

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 29, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
perhaps prediction was not the correct word to use.  I was hoping that though random there may become a type of es would pattern show up for each sage or even wizards. 

Perhaps it will create some sort a personality traits of some sages such as Sage who never crosses a river or climbs mountains.  could be a good source for RP's and could also not actually happen either. 

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 29, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
perhaps prediction was not the correct word to use.  I was hoping that though random there may become a type of es would pattern show up for each sage or even wizards. 

No, random means random.  No patterns.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 29, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
yes yes random is random we know this but you never know if randomness is going to have a crazyness to it or in some cases a kind of pattern of sorts.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 29, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »
yes yes random is random we know this but you never know if randomness is going to have a crazyness to it or in some cases a kind of pattern of sorts.

No, no, random is random, and it will not have patterns.  I guarantee you this, 100%.  This isn't some kind of chaos-theory thing where a higher order will emerge out of the chaos.  This is just plain old vanilla randomness.

That means that you can never predict where a sage or wizard is going to go next.  No matter how much data you have amassed on where it's been before.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 29, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »
Will you track wizards as well? if so I have some limited info on one of them.

You hear rumours that Jahoren passed through here recently(3-4 days ago). Eidulb Outskirts (Astrumn )
Jahoren was seen in Knyazes 12 days ago and Golden Farrow before that.

I will definatly help track any sages/wizards I find.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Stien Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 29, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Yes wizards also. 

And I have made a start at a wiki page as well it is titled Sage Finder.  I am working on how to store the information on the wiki now anyone that wants to help with the wiki page is more than welcome to do so. 

Just out curiosity I was wondering if I should make similar post of this thread on each Island page in this forum this would make the gathering of information separation process easier I think any comments on that would also be helpful.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 30, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
Elmard the silly sage
Yaggd’Razhuul
Astrum
9/29/11

Emtorkin - the brave Sage
Aquitain
Astrum
9/29/11

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 01, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »
Hatisusk - The Gaunt Sage
Region: Muspel
Realm: Morek Empire
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 01, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
Emtorkin - the brave Sage
Zereth
Astrum
10/1/11