Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 86021 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #135: December 03, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
Ahem.  For those who want a manual on how to be a double agent, go talk to Wilson Hendrix.  That man is amazing.  For those who haven't already seen this, he was the Ruler of Sartania at one point, and a devoted Sartanian.  When the realm fell, he joined Arcachon, and began working on a long-range plan to destroy Arcachon.  He more or less started the last Arcaea/Arcachon war by doing his best to see that Arcachon couldn't hold some of the mainland territories, and has engaged in various other bits of low-level sabotage, not least of which is working with Jenred for several IG years now.

He kept the rebellions going in Arcachon far longer than they might have otherwise, got himself into the Ruler slot, thus becoming the only person to ever Rule both Sartania and Arcachon, and did so while being a devout Sartanian (though not a "formal" member of the Church of Sartan for the obvious reasons).  He has most recently defected to Arcaea with the region of Mnalor after doing his best to empty Enlod's recruitment centers and see Arcachon's troops whittled down, which now means Arcaea has a border with Enlod.

All of which is, of course, discounting the invaluable information he has passed on to Ohnar West and Arcaea over the years.

And that is how you play a double agent.  I lift my hat to him.  Deep, real reasons for it, amazingly well executed, and picked his moment for the great reveal quite nicely.  Success is not guaranteed, of course, but Arcachon is pretty nearly crippled at this point, and it's in large part thanks to him.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"