Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 45574 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #60: June 12, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
NeoSartania never needed other realms to be religious in order to start crusades against them . . . why do you think Morgan is somewhat wary of Sorriane being a theocracy of Sartania?

There are very good reasons Zonasa has a strong tradition of keeping religion as non-public as possible.  There are a number of different religions in Zonasa, and we don't want them to fight, so any and all religion is tolerated, and religions that say other religions are bad in public are looked upon with great suspicion.

NeoSartania doesn't exist anymore, now does it? If everyone is secular, their counter-crusade can be much more deadly. That's why its difficult.

And that's terribly sad and unfortunate. You have done what I described in my last post, making me weep for the nobles in Zonasa and their limited gameplay opportunities by demoting religion. Once OW is out of the picture, I'll make PoZ next on the chopping block. Already outnumber them in noble count  8).
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus