Author Topic: autoban for switching sides in war  (Read 15196 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Re: autoban for switching sides in war
« Reply #30: October 07, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
Why not? I certainly didn't let that stop me when I was new to the game. I got a ton of bans and changed realms a ton of times until I got comfortable anywhere. Odds are, if you didn't piss everyone off, the worse you face if you get captured in battle two years later by that same realm is deportation. Executions cost a lot of h/p, judges typically only do them if you've deserved it.

I hate to break it to you Chenier but not everyone reasons like you do ;) I personally thought bans were awful so when I didn't like it somewhere I deleted the chars or emmigrated to another island. I see on my family history that it took me 7 months before I actually changed realms within the same island, and I believe I wasn't autobanned then because I went to an ally.

If you're new and you hear you can die after you've been banned, I think you'll do well to shy away from it. I would call it rational anyway.

Then as you become experienced, you learn how things work and you learn which rules to bend or break.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)