Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Transfered my sponsored army by accident.

Started by Glaumring the Fox, October 07, 2011, 05:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaumring the Fox

I sponsored an army and was looking at all the option and then accidently transfered my army to the Duke of Echuir. Why was there not a fail safe to prevent this and could anyone help me with getting my sponsored army back? The Duke seems unable to transfer the army back. Seems like a silly feature and should have a fail safe.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

Quote from: Glaumring on October 07, 2011, 05:40:21 AM
I sponsored an army and was looking at all the option and then accidently transfered my army to the Duke of Echuir. Why was there not a fail safe to prevent this and could anyone help me with getting my sponsored army back? The Duke seems unable to transfer the army back. Seems like a silly feature and should have a fail safe.

Or at the very least, a way to undo, such as by having him able to transfer it back.

I wasn't aware you could transfer it at all, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

That wacky Glaumring. Always getting into trouble.

fodder

wasn't it intentional to no be able to transfer sponsorships?

aside from dying/pausing and having it all dumped on the ruler or some such?
firefox

Glaumring the Fox

Anaris

An army, once sponsored, is tied to the home region it was originally sponsored in.

It can only be transferred to the person who is Lord of that region, and only when the current sponsor is not Lord of that region.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

Quote from: Glaumring on October 07, 2011, 05:40:21 AMI sponsored an army and was looking at all the option and then accidently transfered my army to the Duke of Echuir. Why was there not a fail safe to prevent this and could anyone help me with getting my sponsored army back? The Duke seems unable to transfer the army back. Seems like a silly feature and should have a fail safe.

You should pay more attention to the instructions, and actually read the text on the page before you start clicking links, especially if you don't know what they will do. The text on the page is quite clear what will happen if you click the link:

QuoteAt least one of the armies you sponsor has a home region that you are not the lord of. You can transfer sponsorship of these armies to the Lord of their home region by selecting "transfer" above. Note that this will mean you give up sponsorship of the army!

It's even in bold in-game, just like that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

Well it should still be able to transfer back. It was a mistake please dont huffy puffy me for being awesome sometimes.  8)

Indirik

Quote from: Glaumring on October 07, 2011, 08:56:06 PMWell it should still be able to transfer back. It was a mistake please dont huffy puffy me for being awesome sometimes.  8)
Armies can only be transferred to the lord of their home region, if that lord is not the current sponsor. IOW in order to get sponsorship back, you'd have to become lord of the army's home region. Tom will not give you back the army sponsorship. It may have been a mistake, but you'll just have to play through it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

Velax

Glaumring the Fox