Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045663 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1365: August 23, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
Yeah, the delay was unfortunate. There were a lot of circumstances that delayed us getting started several times. Even had we gone significantly faster, the 30 day message limit ensures that quite a bit of stuff will be gone before we start.

How come the Magistrates never sent out a call for evidence? I am really at a loss as to how things worked. Did you all just sit down behind closed doors and say "Anyone have any evidence? No? Well, I don't feel like bothering to ask anyone for any, so let's just call it a day and go hit the beach!" If you guys don't at least put on a show of attempting to investigate and holding a trial, it's really going to suck.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366: August 23, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »
holding a trial

We won't hold a modern day trial with witnesses calling the Fifth and lawyers objecting to every other question and a burden of proof without a reasonable doubt. There's a similar debate in Morek right now and I hate the idea. I don't think it would be SMA.

There are many model of judgments in the middle ages. The Spanish Inquisition is one (I wasn't joking!). Trial by combat and trial by ordeals are others. These are what I want to base the Magistratum upon.

We're just waiting for Rurik's imprimatur and you'll see what we have in mind. Don't worry, it's not just throwing our hands in the air and giving up.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367: August 23, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Yeah, the delay was unfortunate. There were a lot of circumstances that delayed us getting started several times. Even had we gone significantly faster, the 30 day message limit ensures that quite a bit of stuff will be gone before we start.

How come the Magistrates never sent out a call for evidence? I am really at a loss as to how things worked. Did you all just sit down behind closed doors and say "Anyone have any evidence? No? Well, I don't feel like bothering to ask anyone for any, so let's just call it a day and go hit the beach!" If you guys don't at least put on a show of attempting to investigate and holding a trial, it's really going to suck.

Ask Von Genf, he's the one leading the show. Since Rurik hasn't said a word, it's pretty much just been Pierre and Lysander reaching a consensus between them. Lysander is so far happy with the way things are going, so he's not going to rock the boat by putting out a call for evidence that might derail his agenda. Either way, Pierre's approach is actually a good one in my opinion, considering the circumstances.

Don't worry, there will be a public aspect to the proceedings soon.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368: August 23, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
Hehehehehehe! You shouldn't have waited so long to get it going. Now there's practically no evidence to consider, so even if there were messages significantly more incriminating than the ones we've seen produced so far it's too late now. We can't (won't) rule on hearsay.

I am sure there will be quite the fuss in the Church when we unveil our judgment, but I am very good at talking. I think I can get Allison out of this one without much more than a slap on the wrist. Why would I do that, you ask? Because it's fun. That and I look forward to seeing what she does next.  8)

It's y'alls fault for not picking Brom. Its doubtful I'd have been as good at getting Allison off the hook as Lysander. Plus, no one would even listen to me.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369: August 23, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
It's true, this isn't a trial like in the modern sense: there's no such thing as double jeopardy.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370: August 23, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
I'm not expecting a modern trial. But I did expect the Magistrates to at least call for anyone with evidence or information to come forward.

I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371: August 23, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
I'm not expecting a modern trial. But I did expect the Magistrates to at least call for anyone with evidence or information to come forward.

I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Option 1: "After seeing the evidence presented at this Magistratum, we the Magistrates declare that Allison Kabrinski is henceforth co-Prophet of Sanguis Astroism."

Option 2: "In punishment for heresy, Allison Kabrinski must henceforth begin 6 months of penance. She will be the Holy Prophet's bedchamber maid for that course of time."
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372: August 23, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
Option #3: Allison will begin a penance period that will last as long as it takes her to overthrow the government of Aurvandil and turn it into the newest theocracy of the faith.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373: August 23, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
Option #3: Allison will begin a penance period that will last as long as it takes her to overthrow the government of Aurvandil and turn it into the newest theocracy of the faith.

Now, that would be what I call a win!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374: August 23, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
Then go for it, Mr. Lead Magistrate. :D

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375: August 23, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
I must say, Option #3 looks mighty fine.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376: August 24, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
Just let me off scot free!  Would be more fun that way.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377: August 24, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
Not really.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378: August 24, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
Then go for it, Mr. Lead Magistrate. :D

Well, it would only be fun if it's short, really.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379: August 24, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »