Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1037630 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1680: November 16, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »
It's not like Allison is pre-determined of guilt. Personally, I'm dubious that she'll be punished severely if at all. But for the sake of the institution itself (which Allison has made a career out of undermining, it should be noted), Malus is going to do his level best to ensure that the Magistratum is thorough and fair. It might take awhile, but what's another week to (hopefully) silence both sides of the Allison Drama Club forever?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681: November 16, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
meh– she doesn't actually need to be punished. She just needs to be put in her place. She's not above the process, a precedent is set, and she lost at every step of the way. That's enough for me. We just proved we can get her tossed out of the Elders on short notice by simple vote if she gets too crazy. That's big.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682: November 16, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
Malus is going to do his level best to ensure that the Magistratum is thorough and fair.
You do realize that the lead Magistrate you appointed is the one that didn't even bother to attempt an investigation last time?

And that the punishment they gave out was expurgation? (Which equates to no punishment at all.)

It might take awhile, but what's another week to (hopefully) silence both sides of the Allison Drama Club forever?
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683: November 16, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
We just proved we can get her tossed out of the Elders on short notice by simple vote if she gets too crazy. That's big.
Not really that big. Rabisu could have tossed her out any time he wanted.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684: November 16, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »
You do realize that the lead Magistrate you appointed is the one that didn't even bother to attempt an investigation last time?

Lead? Malus is the lead. Rabisu is required to be there, and absolutely nobody stepped forward to fill the vacancy that Aram created except Pierre.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:23:25 PM by Solari »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685: November 16, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
I thought Pierre was picked to lead. I must have misunderstood.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686: November 16, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
I thought Pierre was picked to lead. I must have misunderstood.

Oh, no. Pierre is a replacement for Aram, because Aram got himself accused of bribery as well. I suppose we could have held a separate Magistratum for the charge of bribery, but what's done is done.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687: November 16, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

Come on, you're not going to repeat that OOC are you?

There was an investigation on public letters. They were public. I read them. What need was there of asking around for copies? That's just inviting forgery.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688: November 16, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
meh– she doesn't actually need to be punished. She just needs to be put in her place. She's not above the process, a precedent is set, and she lost at every step of the way. That's enough for me. We just proved we can get her tossed out of the Elders on short notice by simple vote if she gets too crazy. That's big.

This doesn't seem that big to me. She's lost before. She was fully excommunicated once (twice?), and has been kicked out of the Elders at least twice before this for various reasons. Those all ended up being temporary setbacks in the end.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689: November 16, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »
I would like to see an Allison regency or prophet status. Too bad im not there to support that anymore... Oh how I tried!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690: November 16, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
@Glaumring: Brance was fully willing to support Allison for the Regency in the previous term. It's too bad she backed out.

@VonGenf: I'm just saying, that's what happened. I'm not trying to restart any arguments, much less make any OOC attacks.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691: November 16, 2012, 09:32:29 PM »
Imma stab Brance and Will in the face. This is what you people get for crafting a Charter that nobody understands and nobody follows.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:53:16 PM by Solari »

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692: November 16, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
Most likely after the Magistratum we can have a nice quiet couple of days ... before the next one for Allison.

THIS IS WHAT WE WILL SOLELY DO HENCEFORTH. 

We can make new Magistratum titles. Pro-Allison Magistrate, Anti-Allison Magistrate, Cantankerous Token Neutral Magistrate. And have them be permanent.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693: November 16, 2012, 10:32:44 PM »
Brance wasn't an elder when the Charter was written. I think that was Pierre's administration.

But if you want to know how a Magistratum works, ask Brance. After all, he wrote that. He thinks it's pretty obvious.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694: November 16, 2012, 10:34:11 PM »
We can make new Magistratum titles. Pro-Allison Magistrate, Anti-Allison Magistrate, Cantankerous Token Neutral Magistrate. And have them be permanent.

LOL'ed