Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1083902 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2130: March 05, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
So, My dearest enemies, how do you people that are currently astroists feel about how your religion affects the continent? Do you think SA is healthy for the fun of the continent as it currently exists? if not, what would you do to remedy this? If so how do you feel about SA being compared to the CE power bloc of atamara? Would any of you consider war with another SA realm?

this just comes from some pondering of various posts i've seen in the forums

CE of Atamara is much more comparable to Aurvandil - a mostly, if not purely military power bloc, which wrestles with other power blocs usually with hard power or the underlying threat of it. SA is just what it is - a large religion. Rare are the times when SA is united and of the same mind on anything, and rare are the times when SA as a whole acts. People on the outside view, and perpetuate this view, as if SA and "the theocracies" are a strangling, unified threat which is tyrannizing and enslaving everyone - because this view serves their interests if they are opposed to the religion or just some of its faithful parties or organizations.

It's healthy for fun, as conflict is fun, and religious and ideological conflicts are quite SMA.  And of course SA realms war with each other plenty of times, past present and future. It's definitely one of the most successful religions in BM, not simply in quantifiable terms but in how the religion itself is interesting and open philosophically, and is not exclusive to just one type of player or character. Those who are just power-hungry ambitious typically cynical nobles have a place in it, those who are earnest devoted pious spiritual type nobles have a place in it, and everyone in between as well. I like it! Two thumbs up!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova