Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1071373 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2145: March 05, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Chenier, Indirik relax I was just inquiring. I was curious to have it clarified. And I will addd this here I am not anti-SA at all, I dont know where that comes from I have repeatedly invited priests to Asylon to maintain their dwindling flock and temples, I built the first SA temple in Asylon way way way back when Asylon was/is a backwater and only left the church because the prophet decided that I wasnt as close a friend as I thought he was. I had been in the SA consul and over the years I did everything I wanted and it had been a goal of mine to start a new religion since Thulsoma sonI tried/ am trying it. I am not content to follow for very long and I feel there are different aspects of BM I'd like to try, Im in this game for the long term so why not. I am not anti-SA , I am against large federations and entangled alliances, the reason I am against them is because I value smaller alliances that allow a better focus and avoid stepping on someones toes. The SA alliance is like this, one kingdom wants to leave so all the others kill it, so it stops any diversity. I prefer pick one neighbor, build a strong alliance and then just have luke warm with the rest so that there is more room to actually battle. I can see why SA wants the big alliances, I just dont agree with it personally in a grand strategy battle game. SA wont ever crumble and start infighting, there will always be another Aurvandiil excuse, another Caerwyn, another Saxon army ad infinitum. In 5 years we'll still be talking about this with the last 5 players on Dwilight, myself Chenier, Vellos , Indirik and Allison...

Its not about destroying SA anymore its now making sure that Dwilight remains diverse and filled with different cultures. If that means fighting for unpopular underdogs so be it because a game where SA is the only culture, the only history isnt very deep or interesting or beautiful at all. So it will be Asylons job to fight for those qualities above all else, the right to found your own faith, to found your own kingdom with your own independent laws and culture and not one that is cowed and stunted by a mass of theocracies.

And no I do not think SA is that strong, but you do have the advantage of having long standing stable economies and a network to share wealth. That is your strength, your weakness is everyone who opposes you and every free thinking noble who refuses to bow to the bloodstars.
We live lives in beautiful lies...