Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1048750 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #255: December 27, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
We definitely have different ways of looking at things. But maybe it's also because of our different knowledge of the actual situation. I'm not the only one that saw the message as Hireshmont bragging about him now being in good with Haktoo, and how Kabrinskia and Iashalur were in imminent danger of being invaded by the Zuma, and that we had better abandon all ties with them, or be invaded too. No, this wasn't what was said directly. But to several of us, this was the obvious conclusion.

Yes, there's something about Hireshmont's approach to relations with Astrum that just never seems to go over right. I remember when Brance was sharing Hireshmont's letters concerning Demyansk. I have gathered OOC that Hireshmont thought himself to be eminently reasonable in that discussion, but it was not received that way in Astrum at all. The Council was practically up in arms from the very first letter.  Relations, such as they are, seem to have continued in that vein since, with neither side understanding the other's point of view in the slightest. There's something about Hireshmont's attitude or style of communication that just drives Astrum's Council crazy and serves to obscure his intent.

Astrum is a very insular realm in many ways. We mostly ignore our heathen neighbors, and always have, with the exception of our decision to attack Everguard. Averoth could have stayed where it was forever for all we cared. Same with Caerwyn. I imagine we will take the same tack with Terran and Asylon. As long as they tacitly acknowledge and avoid interfering with our interests, I doubt we'll ever have much to say to either of them. Of course, you never know what Allison's going to do, and since Kabrinskia will probably be one of our interests, for better or for worse, there's always the possibility that we get involved in some kind of trouble that Allison stirs up.