Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1084508 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3465: February 03, 2014, 02:32:17 AM »
I'd like to first say that I hope noone ragequits. I'll be forthcoming with any pertinent information if anyone wants to create a magistrate case, but it was a judgement call and I saw the game mechanics and RP for the character and made that call. I want no OOC hard feelings and accept any judgement rendered.

If it is any consolation, Enoch has plotted against most of Dwilight since arriving. I've played this character as a weasily smart-ass since the beginning. He and Bowie talked of different ways to undermine SA quite often. I tried to make sure that he put on a good face, but there were tell-tale signs that he was dicking you over.

I also want to point out that I spoke with Stabbity and asked him not to simply destroy the religion. I asked that he kept it 'a viable entity'. It will certainly see people leave, but there have always been people who stayed with their church even when it reformed itself.

I had it suggested to me to declare myself second prophet. I'm sure we would have seen something like this eventually if Regency elections ran for a while. It simply didn't feel right for the character, in this situation.

I was going to continue RP announcements with explanations, but I demoted myself too low and was kicked.

If a situation occurs where a large institution looks to be destroyed, in an event which a large part of the involved player base didn't see coming nor felt able to influence, then there is going to be lots of fallout. It might just be character deletions, it could well be account deletions. That is just to be expected, people have invested tons of time into things, and losing them is hard.

The issue of if that should dictate your actions or not is not so clear cut. Personally I like to ensure when I set things in motion that there is plenty of scope for others to discover and work counter to my own plans. In this situation it appears people don't feel that happened. That the intrigue was something a small group participated in and that was largely impossible to detect, influence or stop. Now that of course happens in real life all the time, so in general I don't think there is anything wrong with it, its just not how I choose to play.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.