Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1085052 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #4020: July 19, 2014, 03:00:40 AM »
There's a reason I stopped replying to you, and thus it will be my last reply.

I never suggested that SA should be "saved". It's gone. It's over.

You also seem, for the sake of the argument, to claim my position is held out of ego. But you very well know that my character did not convert to SA until, relatively speaking, recently in its history. My dwi characters spent their careers, until that moment, to contain SA growth and influence. Maybe not to oppose it as you do, but to seek to contain it nonetheless. My character was one of the most, if not the most influential members of Verdis Elementum, which until, again relatively recently, was the only significant secondary religion. Spread over half a dozen realms or so, multiple dozen nobles, a lot of temples and really big ones, etc. Even your so precious bloodmoon cult never really gained influence in more than one realm at a time. And that was most of my doing. I'm not aware of any other VE member who proselytized as Machiavel did, until he left it. None of SA's success can be attributed to me. Indeed, if it weren't for me, it'd have no doubt grown a lot quicker in certain parts of the world.

And yes, special circumstances made it what it was. But why it got to be what it was changes nothing to what it became: the only truly meaningful religion in the game. Some other religions were fun. Some other religions managed to have an impact. But none of them every became as meaningful as SA did. And by extension, no continent ever really had religion as a meaningful driving force. It's always there for flavor more than anything. It's impacts are secondary to mundane politics.

It was nice to have a continent that had a religion whose importance could be likened to medieval Europe. We will never have that again. I'm sure you love that little club you built, but it'll never compare.

And really, I've been repeating how SA was killed from within. Why are you suggesting I'm saying otherwise?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron