Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Following Orders

Started by Draco Tanos, January 13, 2012, 10:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco Tanos

I have a question, since some are saying it's against the IR/can't be done:

Can nobles be punished (fined, banished, exiled, refused promotions, etc) for not following orders from the Marshal/General?

Not something like "Head to regionx as late in turn as possible!"  but rather "Rally in regionx" and be given multiple days to do so?

songqu88@gmail.com

Magistrate for better clarification, but this has been pretty clean cut.

IR is if you say "Do this now/near future" and you punish him/her if he/she doesn't. Something like that.

Anyway, if you're given at least a few days and don't do it, then it becomes a question of whether you're really inactive or just not following orders. Generally, if you don't get autopaused by day 7, that indicates you probably aren't actually inactive (or you'd autopause).

Anaris

Quote from: Draco Tanos on January 13, 2012, 10:01:56 PM
I have a question, since some are saying it's against the IR/can't be done:

Can nobles be punished (fined, banished, exiled, refused promotions, etc) for not following orders from the Marshal/General?

Absolutely.

The IRs are very clear and narrow.  As long as the orders do not require logging in at a certain time, or touch on class or tournaments, they are not violations, and punishing people for not following them is allowed.

The gray area is if the person being fined/banned/etc is inactive.  In this case, if they are truly inactive (i.e., sitting there not doing anything or replying to anything), waiting long enough after the orders were given for them to autopause shouldn't cause the realm any trouble—and if they do something in the meantime, but still disobey orders, you will know that they are active, and can punish them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan