Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Priests - Local Lords Faith

Started by Galvez, October 17, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketchum

Local Lord not same faith with your priest? Burn down his estate, cast him off. Use your many followers to proclaim you as the new lord  ;)

By the way, it is not possible to see local lord faith. From what I can see with my priestess, she can see all the region knights. She can burn down their estates and cause them landless. Have not opportunity to try this, how does your realm feel having a berserker priest running amok and causing chaos throughout the lands?  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

Quote from: Ketchum on October 20, 2011, 04:22:59 AM
Local Lord not same faith with your priest? Burn down his estate, cast him off. Use your many followers to proclaim you as the new lord  ;)

By the way, it is not possible to see local lord faith. From what I can see with my priestess, she can see all the region knights. She can burn down their estates and cause them landless. Have not opportunity to try this, how does your realm feel having a berserker priest running amok and causing chaos throughout the lands?  ;D

I was warned for that once. Didn't do it again.

Chenier

Quote from: Ketchum on October 20, 2011, 04:22:59 AM

Despite being an elder of VE, I had a VE priest executed once for this. I wasn't pleased seeing a foreign priest using all my hard work against me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

Uh-oh. I dont want my priest die so early  :o

If the Local Lord not follow the majority peasants faith in his region, he will have a hard time to maintain the region. Is it possible that Priest can preach to Local Lords?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

vonGenf

Quote from: Ketchum on October 24, 2011, 04:24:28 AM

If the Local Lord not follow the majority peasants faith in his region, he will have a hard time to maintain the region. Is it possible that Priest can preach to Local Lords?

Sure, send him a letter.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

Quote from: Ketchum on October 24, 2011, 04:24:28 AM

"Hard time"? Not really. A minor inconvenient, that's about it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

Alright.  I see people saying "send him a letter!"

Why should priests have to?  Warriors can see the religion just find without it.  Why do priests suddenly NOT see the lord's religion?

vonGenf

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 26, 2011, 08:42:50 AM
Alright.  I see people saying "send him a letter!"

This was specifically commenting on the question "How to preach to the Lord". Knowing what his religion is is a long stretch from preaching.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Draco Tanos

No but it is a start. =P

I could see preaching to an "ignore", "variant", or maybe even "misguided" Lord.  But "evil"...?  Mmm...  Not so much.  That's more of a "get the taint outta here!" thing.

Chenier

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 26, 2011, 09:52:24 AM
No but it is a start. =P

I could see preaching to an "ignore", "variant", or maybe even "misguided" Lord.  But "evil"...?  Mmm...  Not so much.  That's more of a "get the taint outta here!" thing.

REPENT! SAVE YOUR SOUL!

egamma

Quote from: Chénier on October 28, 2011, 09:49:27 PM
REPENT! SAVE YOUR SOUL!

spittle flies from his mouth as he swings his holy symbol in a strange pattern--left, right, left right, up, down, up, down

Ketchum

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 26, 2011, 09:52:24 AM
No but it is a start. =P

If the lord is "evil", we wont say "Repent to the lord". We will burn down his estate for good  ;D

By the way, it is hard to convert the lord to your faith. Nobody, especially lords like being told what to do by its own region knight  :D For a Priest to send a letter to the lord, it receives a lower chance to convert still. Especially when I meet a lord who dont want join the faith because of another noble already inside the faith  :(

JPierreD

It looks like at least in testing Priests don't get the report of other priests preaching nearby (or even in the region you are in).

EDIT: Either I was wrong, or this was fixed.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ketchum

Quote from: JPierreD on November 01, 2011, 11:47:24 PM
It looks like at least in testing Priests don't get the report of other priests preaching nearby (or even in the region you are in).

EDIT: Either I was wrong, or this was fixed.
I not in testing, I sure about this. Have you try preaching in that region so that at least you got some followers there to tell you that some priest come preaching there? It is worth a try  ;)

JPierreD

Quote from: Ketchum on November 14, 2011, 09:36:33 AM
I not in testing, I sure about this. Have you try preaching in that region so that at least you got some followers there to tell you that some priest come preaching there? It is worth a try  ;)

I was wrong, I saw it in testing. :)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).