Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Family link on userdata page

Started by acrandal, October 17, 2011, 07:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrandal

Hopefully a small request about a useful link.

Every so often I try to look at my family page.  Unless there's a shortcut that I'm just overlooking it would be nice to get to it easily.  For example, I currently login as one of my characters, go to the realm's characters list and click on my family page.  It's a bit involved to get to my own data.

What I would really like is a change to the /userdata.php page.  The page lists your family name right in the middle like this:

The [family name] family, originally from [region of origin] ([continent of origin]), has a fame of [fame points] and family wealth of [never enough] gold.

Where is says [family name], could that be made into a link to take you directly to the family's page?

/UserDetails.php?ID=[your userid]

I consider this low priority, but it's bugged me for years and I just had to put it in the queue.

Thank you for your consideration.

Telrunya

You can also click on Edit Data > View to get to your family page. That's probably a little faster.

fodder

bookmark the stupid page is what i do..
firefox

Shizzle

My row of bookmarks is already full, and clicking Edit and Preview indeed feels kind of irrational.

Shenron

How often do you guys check that page anyway? I might look at it like once a month or something.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Telrunya

Often. It's becoming an habit at times. I check it without even wanting to look at it :-[

acrandal

On a related note, what's the fastest way to figure out someone's title(s)?

Right now I traverse to their family page, but is there a faster way?  It comes up when I'm trying to address a region lord I'm not very familiar with.  I still check the region page and the realm hierarchy pages, but neither one lists the official title of the character, nor has a link directly to their family page.  It's especially fun when I have to look up someone from another realm who is in the government to get their title correct.  Rarely is it just "Banker so-and-so" anymore.

egamma

Quote from: acrandal on October 18, 2011, 06:28:01 PM

Right now I traverse to their family page, but is there a faster way?  It comes up when I'm trying to address a region lord I'm not very familiar with.  I still check the region page and the realm hierarchy pages, but neither one lists the official title of the character, nor has a link directly to their family page.  It's especially fun when I have to look up someone from another realm who is in the government to get their title correct.  Rarely is it just "Banker so-and-so" anymore.

If you're addressing just them, (say by clicking the "message the region lord" button) then it will give you all their titles above the message box.

JPierreD

Quote from: acrandal on October 18, 2011, 06:28:01 PM

I believe in your contact list appears all their titles.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

The "Contact List" shows only names.

On the message page, go to "some" members of your realm/religion/etc. That list shows all their realm titles.  If they are not in your realm or any common guild/religion, then you'll have to use the island wide character list and go to their family page, and guess.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

Quote from: Indirik on October 18, 2011, 07:25:51 PM
The "Contact List" shows only names.

That's just not true.  I checked.  If you go to "send a message to one of your contacts" it lists all the titles of the people there.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

Oh, that's cool. Just like sending to "some" nobles in the regular message list.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.