Author Topic: Feature Request: Buy elections  (Read 13679 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Buy elections
« Reply #15: October 23, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »
Not at all! An "elected once" election is the chance of a (character's) lifetime! Think about Sordnaz, as ruler of Makar for what, 8 years? If he were to pause because his computer crashed or he got banished or something, that would be a very unique opportunity to seize control of a realm! Everyone would be buying votes, and trying to bribe others into buying votes for them, etc.

Why bother spending 500 gold on a monthly election? It's a lot cheaper to simply campaign for the position--I've successfully held all 4 council positions in Giblot, with little opposition, based on this.

Because switching fro monthly to lifetime elections is just a click away if you get elected? And in some circumstances, if the elections are timed right, the other government titles can do quite significant things too.

Because I think it's important we keep parts of the game fair that have very long lasting consequences... maybe by this criteria only the ruler (if elected once) must have fair elections.

Theres just something I find annoying about having a King's (or any equivalent title's) seat open to bribes... it just seems too big for that type of !@#$...

I find it a little troubling that our medieval BM elections are more legitimate, just, and free of taint than our modern one with all their checks in place.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron