Author Topic: peasants prevent looting  (Read 4364 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: peasants prevent looting
« Topic Start: October 28, 2011, 01:27:03 AM »
I posted about this before, but can't find the thread or I would just reuse it..

This "peasants prevent looting" has really got to be seriously tweaked.

Again, 90 peasants are preventing 1180 armed fighting men from looting over and over and over.

there is no way you can explain this with "in game reality" and it messes with strategies when they appear on the 2nd or 3rd loot and then stop 90% of the actions of all the enemy forces.

While not realistic it serves a balance purpose in limiting the amount of damage to a region that is possible in one turn. Maybe it needs to be tweaked in how quickly it appears, but I doubt it, sometime it occurs very early in looting, most the time it doesn't. It would be nice if the amount of peasants was relative to the army, but then in rural regions facing large armies, the region would soon be depopulated when large amounts of peasants are killed at the end of every turn, kind of ruining the whole balance aspect the code is supposed to provide.

Mind you I can't explain instant messages within the "in game reality" fortunately it is a game, so things like this can be implemented for game play reasons.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.