Poll

Self-explanatory... What is your favorite of the BM continents?

Atamara
Beluaterra
Colonies
Dwilight
East Continent
Far East

Author Topic: Favorite Island  (Read 51326 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Island
« Reply #105: May 01, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »
And your silly temples, unguarded caravans and what not ;D The last batch was with Terran's aid I believe though. For the rest, our Walls are really doing a great job of beating back most waves.

Temples, aye! I love propping 'em up everywhere! We even have the biggest one on the continent, and I emptied Golden Farrow's treasury for it!  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kurohyou

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 02, 2011, 06:29:51 AM »
Atamara takes first for me, and Belu second.

Atamara right now seems like its become and interesting cluster of shenanigans. Plus it was satisfying when my character got a response from Ottar of Tara before moving to Hammarsett that he found Kuro's arguments amusing and would be missed.

And Chenier has and idea about why Belu was a close second :P
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be justice. But when we call our vengeance justice, it only breeds more revenge... forging the first link in the chains of hatred."

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: May 02, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
Temples, aye! I love propping 'em up everywhere! We even have the biggest one on the continent, and I emptied Golden Farrow's treasury for it!  ;D

Size and location please?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #108: May 02, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »
There's a vast temple district in Paisly. But I'm not sure if that's the largest in D'Hara. Nevertheless it's not the largest in Dwilight because last I heard there was a temple district spanning 2 (or is it 3 now?) blocks for Sanguis Astroism in Springdale.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 03, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
We even have the biggest one on the continent, and I emptied Golden Farrow's treasury for it!  ;D

You have a level 12 temple on Dwilight? 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 05, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
report directly from the church:

Springdale   - awe-inspiring temple district spanning 4 blocks (11)   

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: May 15, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
There's a vast temple district in Paisly. But I'm not sure if that's the largest in D'Hara. Nevertheless it's not the largest in Dwilight because last I heard there was a temple district spanning 2 (or is it 3 now?) blocks for Sanguis Astroism in Springdale.

I meant that Paisly, my city, has *Verdis Elementum's* largest temple of the continent.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 16, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
Ahhh.  Well,  VE is going to take a beating in the next few months.    :D   If all goes to plan that is.   

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: May 16, 2011, 05:16:00 AM »
Meh.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: May 16, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »
Ahhh.  Well,  VE is going to take a beating in the next few months.    :D   If all goes to plan that is.   

I love people like this. So sure of themselves, so.. arrogant. I can be that way, too, but not blindingly so  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: May 16, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
DoctorHarte,

Just comparing the numbers.  8k vs 30k.    :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: May 16, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
DoctorHarte,

Just comparing the numbers.  8k vs 30k.    :)

But it's still a hallmark !@#$%^& attitude.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: May 16, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »
But it's still a hallmark !@#$%^& attitude.

Thanks!  I will take that as a compliment.   A little harsh maybe, considering that I said "If all goes according to plan"  I know that BM is ever changing and that pretty much anything can happen.   I guess I take a little personal pride in this Caerwyn vs Sanguis Astroism war since I helped instigate it.    In the beginning I was nervous about this war because I overestimated Caerwyn's strength.   I will try and keep my gloating to a minimum.   

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: May 17, 2011, 03:37:56 AM »
Destroying Caerwyn will not destroy Verdis Elementum. I'd dare say it'd only make it stronger, as the Caerwyn diaspora will bring their faith with them and convert the unaligned. After all, many of the realms I've spoken too were very interested in VE, but we just don't really have enough people to go spread the word to these parts of the world as we are mostly all busy with other stuff.

VE started with Caerwyn, and had little interest in beyond. I fetched it and made sure it became more than just that.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: May 17, 2011, 04:53:44 AM »
It is very difficult to destroy a religion.  If the players in a religion are dedicated to it, they can keep it going under harsh conditions.