Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Diplomacy: The Game of International Intrigue

Started by Perth, November 07, 2011, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustav Kuriga

Perth

Oh, yeah. Because it was retreat phase and you had no retreats to make.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

BardicNerd

I do hope I will get to play in a game with some of you that does not have so many missed turns and CDs.

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: BardicNerd on December 01, 2011, 11:53:52 PM
I do hope I will get to play in a game with some of you that does not have so many missed turns and CDs.

CD's?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

BardicNerd

Dante Silverfire

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

BardicNerd

Dante Silverfire

Vellos

Or, realistically, 4, because Germany is largely inactive.

And it appears the only hostility is... England vs. Russia? France gets support from Italy and England and does not contest their borders. Russia and Italy seem content to work together as well.

Organized early collusion.... meh. No fun.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Vellos on December 03, 2011, 08:12:22 AM
Or, realistically, 4, because Germany is largely inactive.

And it appears the only hostility is... England vs. Russia? France gets support from Italy and England and does not contest their borders. Russia and Italy seem content to work together as well.

Organized early collusion.... meh. No fun.

Perhaps its just because this is my first game of diplomacy, but isn't working with other nations required in order to even have a remote chance of winning?

Vellos

Yes, but it's rare that you have so clean an interlocking system of alliances. France, Italy, England all working together, Russia and Italy working together. Combined with largely inactive Austria and Germany and peacenik Turkey, it's a very awkward game.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

Quote from: Vellos on December 03, 2011, 05:40:15 PM
Yes, but it's rare that you have so clean an interlocking system of alliances. France, Italy, England all working together, Russia and Italy working together. Combined with largely inactive Austria and Germany and peacenik Turkey, it's a very awkward game.

Yeah, it's been a  very strange.

Dante Silverfire

Haha, well I guess I'll just have to wait and see more games of diplomacy before I can judge what a normal game is like then.

Huntsmaster

Russia + Italy is not uncommon. I think France/England/Italy is more a product of a slumbering Germany than anything.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)