Author Topic: "Fair" aspect of takovers  (Read 10064 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: "Fair" aspect of takovers
« Reply #15: November 11, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
It's not possible.

Taking a region with a single unit is most certainly possible, even without any allied assistance.  It depends on sympathy and population, of course, like always.  I don't know offhand the rate of exchange on allied assistance, but I'm 95% sure it doesn't count for starting TOs, just maintaining them.

these are my observations, but if devs know that hatred has no effects, than it would better fit thread "punishments" when you receive nothing but sorrow when using some options.

It's true, and ever since I learned about this, I thought it seemed odd.  I have always suspected that more was intended for Hatred, but it never got implemented.  Never got around to asking Tom, though, and there's a good chance he wouldn't remember anyway.

Either way, Hatred as it exists now won't exist under the new diplomacy system that's coming, and anything we implement to replace it will be less confusing and more effective.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan