Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 49070 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Skyrim
« Reply #135: February 07, 2012, 07:10:40 AM »
if guards are chasing you take your weapons out then sheath your weapon as they come towards you. You will pay your fine and your bounty will be erased.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #136: February 07, 2012, 07:18:53 AM »
yes, that's kind of a problem when your Imperial buddies decide to shoot the guard, then upon killing him blame you...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #137: February 07, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »
It was a bug, by the way...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #138: February 07, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
Talk to me. I've uncovered the corrupt guards in Markath, and they're not taking bounty payment, they insist on throwing me into the mines. I fear there's really no way around that mission (did it with my other character before).

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: February 07, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
So I found out that you shouldn't do an Imperial mission to take a fort with a bounty on your head, especially after killing a guard, because then the Imperials will want your head... and seeing as how that guy who you escaped from the village in the beginning with (if he was Imperial, that is) is invincible... that can be a problem.

Haha, that's amazing! My problem was always picking up bounties during the fort missions. Apparently exploding Flame Atronach's don't care who is in the firing line >.<

Talk to me. I've uncovered the corrupt guards in Markath, and they're not taking bounty payment, they insist on throwing me into the mines. I fear there's really no way around that mission (did it with my other character before).

It is possible, but you'll have to get bloody. I tried the 'you'll never take me alive!' method at first but I was too weak to handle three guards at once in honourable combat back then. Thus after a few reloads I just sneaked into the shrine and started firing arrows as soon as I walked in. Either way, despatching all of the guards seems to remove all witnesses so there's no-one left to chuck you in the mines and no bounty on your head either. After that the quest completed normally in my journal (and thus reassured me I wasn't cheating the system a little bit!)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #140: February 07, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
It is possible, but you'll have to get bloody. I tried the 'you'll never take me alive!' method at first but I was too weak to handle three guards at once in honourable combat back then. Thus after a few reloads I just sneaked into the shrine and started firing arrows as soon as I walked in. Either way, despatching all of the guards seems to remove all witnesses so there's no-one left to chuck you in the mines and no bounty on your head either. After that the quest completed normally in my journal (and thus reassured me I wasn't cheating the system a little bit!)

Well, I've fled Markath (glorious action, I tell you - riding out into the night on my horse, past arrow-shooting guards, until I was out of the reach. Just when I had passed the last guards near Markath, I ran into a Forsworn hideout and just then a dragon come swooping in, too. That was an epic fight, I tell you - everyone against everyone else :) ).

No, my problem is that I can't return to Markath. And I don't really WANT to slaughter all the guards. I'm on their side, well, in a way...

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: February 08, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
I'm about to do something possibly really stupid and try out that High Resolution Texture Pack that has been released. It does seem pretty gorgeous from the screenshots. I like that mods can be directly browsed and accessed through Steam now as well (though I'm quite happy playing vanilla tbf.)

Well, I've fled Markath (glorious action, I tell you - riding out into the night on my horse, past arrow-shooting guards, until I was out of the reach. Just when I had passed the last guards near Markath, I ran into a Forsworn hideout and just then a dragon come swooping in, too. That was an epic fight, I tell you - everyone against everyone else :) ).

No, my problem is that I can't return to Markath. And I don't really WANT to slaughter all the guards. I'm on their side, well, in a way...

Haha, that's actually brilliant! :-P It went a little more smoothly for me, I must say! I just killed the guards inside the shrine and sauntered out like nothing happened - maybe because I did it all sneaky no-one else got alerted who otherwise would have been? I didn't have to butcher every guard in the Reach at any rate! Sounds like you'll have to settle down and do the time I'm afraid to say! Though maybe they'll calm down enough to let you pay a bounty when you eventually get back? Hopefully >.<

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #142: February 08, 2012, 02:00:44 AM »
I'm about to do something possibly really stupid and try out that High Resolution Texture Pack that has been released.

Same here. It already runs a bit choppy, but it can't be memory (I've got 8 GB in my machine).

Haha, that's actually brilliant! :-P It went a little more smoothly for me, I must say! I just killed the guards inside the shrine and sauntered out like nothing happened - maybe because I did it all sneaky no-one else got alerted who otherwise would have been? I didn't have to butcher every guard in the Reach at any rate! Sounds like you'll have to settle down and do the time I'm afraid to say! Though maybe they'll calm down enough to let you pay a bounty when you eventually get back? Hopefully >.<

Damn. I tried that, but someone must've sounded the alarm and when I got out of the temple, more guards tried to arrest me.

Zakilevo

« Reply #143: February 08, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
My game bugged and I got these three mercenaries following me everywhere. Love to have four people fighting by my side. :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #144: February 08, 2012, 06:36:59 AM »
nice

Zakilevo

« Reply #145: February 08, 2012, 06:38:52 AM »
Damn that blasted lv50 dragons. It is a joke to me but one of my mercenary died!.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: February 08, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
Steam Workshop and the Creation Kit <3
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: February 08, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »
Same here. It already runs a bit choppy, but it can't be memory (I've got 8 GB in my machine).

Yeah, I've had that too. My fleeting first impression from running the texture pack is that things have gotten a little choppier. Perhaps too choppy. Might have to make a sacrifice of resolution or settings somewhere maybe.

Damn. I tried that, but someone must've sounded the alarm and when I got out of the temple, more guards tried to arrest me.

The only other thing I can think of is if you deftly manipulate the events in the civil war so that the local Jarl's men in Markarth end up being replaced by the soldiers of a belligerent faction...but that's a long shot. Might make no difference at all.

Steam Workshop and the Creation Kit <3

Posh Mudcrabs could be the best mod I've ever seen for anything ever. Video:

http://youtu.be/MQ1J-HQCCpE

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #148: February 08, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
Yeah, I've had that too. My fleeting first impression from running the texture pack is that things have gotten a little choppier. Perhaps too choppy. Might have to make a sacrifice of resolution or settings somewhere maybe.

Yeah, I might have to drop down from 2560x1440 to something ugly and low-res - such as 1920x1080 :-)

The only other thing I can think of is if you deftly manipulate the events in the civil war so that the local Jarl's men in Markarth end up being replaced by the soldiers of a belligerent faction...but that's a long shot. Might make no difference at all.

I'm with the imperium, so no such luck.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: February 09, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I'm with the imperium, so no such luck.

You Imperial Milkdrinker! Everyone knows the Nords should rule Skyrim!